Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:40 pm 

yay! I love this thread..can't get enough of those little hands, and fluffed up tails..how something so common to non-photographic types, becomes so much fun..and so endearing to those of us with a camera handy great shot popo, that hangin on grey squirrel..just so funny, how he matches the tree..lol..my favorite is that little chipmonk, and the "drape the tail" squirrels, just way to cute....very seductive for squirrels, I bet ya. Well captured.

love em.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:22 pm 

ground squirrels are out in force...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:04 pm 
Hi all here's mine taken yesterday at Greenwich Park

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:53 pm 
Ever seen a white squirel ? if no here is one special squirel i got on cam today, never saw a white one myself pretty rare.

Brown one the usual

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:21 pm 

very cool Martin... I have seen an albino squirrel before but this doesnt seem to be one.

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:11 am 

Very cool Martin

Great shots everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:44 am 

Wolfsong, I gotta ask, what do you shoot with? You're either very stealthy or have a very long high quality lens...

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw that you added it to your sig. Nice kit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:10 am 

Shagrath wrote:
Wolfsong, I gotta ask, what do you shoot with? You're either very stealthy or have a very long high quality lens...

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw that you added it to your sig. Nice kit!

gotta say I know a heck of a lot more about nature than I do about photography although I hope I'll learn a lot more about photography... Have just had the 50D for about 3 weeks now.. before that it was the S3IS... I also picked up the SX10IS as a small backup and urban camera.

After I moved to Canada I basically grew up in the outdoors, Northwestern Ontario. We were poor so my stepdad hunted and fished a lot and I loved spending time with him. Learned a lot about animal behavior back then and have built on it ever since. Photography over the last few years has given me a new outlook on nature but I must say that I still need to do outings without any gear as every time I take a camera it's as if I'm seeing everything through the viewfinder which in my mind doesnt really let me "connect"... I find it nice to leave the camera at home and just observe on a regular basis.

Half the fun for me is trying to catch the animal in a natural state without it focusing on me and trying to get as close as I can while still respecting the animal and my safety. Many of my friends have asked me the same question though.. how do I get so close... honestly.. I dont know... sometims it takes a long time though. I guess a lot of it comes down to how much time you spend out and about getting to know the environ you are in as well as the animals that live there.

Bet ya kpr can tell ya every nook and cranny in his regular stomping grounds as well.

Oh... and I have also been lucky enough to visit some places which are very remote where human contact with animals is very limited.

Lastly.. at times its amazing what you can see if you are willing to venture just 100 meters off the beaten track.

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:34 am 

Well maybe not every nook n cranny but alot of em :wink:

I'm not sure how you can leave the camera home wolfsong,I'm definately addicted....
Go out of my mind if I see something,...all I think is what "might have been" when without it... :lol:
My luck if I left it home I'd see the non existant Nova Scotia Eastern Cougar or Sasquatch or something!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:05 am 

Thanks for the tips. I do live in the outdoors but there isn't much cover here in the grasslands of Kansas. I bet if I got into a wooded area and just sat quietly I'd see all kinds of wildlife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:31 am 

Some nice deer come from those grasslands Shagrath, I just know theres some critters there somewhere :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 pm 
This is a first post for me here in the Wildlife section.

I've been trying to shoot birds in my garden for the past few days but, so far, the damn things are just too quick for my shutter-finger

Earlier I caught this fella on my fence - one of literally hundreds each day who seem to delight in sending my dogs into 'spin mode'.

Very little in the way of PP - I've adjusted the brightness, tweaked the saturation and cropped in DPP.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:38 pm 

One of the first shots with my new camera

Prints

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:45 am 
Went out for some Woopeker, Cooper Hawk & some Owl but all the animals were on strike or something beside those little squirrels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:15 am 

LOL cute MartinB ... really like the last one.. looks like it is smiling... just noticed your in Montreal... I'm droolin' over the thought of fresh maple syrup at this time of year or a little while ago :)

My Flickr

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next