Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:08 pm 
I have a question. Is it alright to post a link to the photo of a higher resolution,without the photo itself being seen on the forum page? I'm asking because I feel the 500px wide is too small for the photo I want to post(a macro type),that is tack sharp at 100% & the details are very nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Razvan, yes it is ok to link to a higher resolution version of the image, but in your post please still include a 500 pixel version. In previous assignments, you'll see some people make the actual 500 pixel image the link to a bigger version at flickr.

Millfarm, that's up to picturesonthemind, but I would say it is ok so long as the effect is subtle and you explain what you've done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:06 pm 
Thank you,Gordon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 pm 
Hi all

Sorry for those on the southern hemisphere that are restricted to mechanical spring rather then season. If you would like my entry to be on the bouncy kind I don't mind as to be honest I am struggling with ideas and it was my suggestion :?

Yes HDR is fine as I do love the outcome on HDR, but like Gordon said, as long as it is not too different from a normal perspective.

Glad to see some entrys so early on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 pm 

For the first time in ages, its really great to see several assignment postings already. There are some beautiful entries. The last few months have been quiet on the assignment front, so its nice to think that maybe this month will be the start of a lot more entries...so come on everyone.... go for it...make an effort, its a bit of fun....sue :)
I better spring down from the soap box and get something sorted out for my own submission now..... :oops:

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

I agree Sue, it's great to see! Keep it up!

PS - antipropho, I can't see your image - is there a problem with the link or hosting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:36 pm 
Weird, Gordon. If you open the image URL in a different window, it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:55 pm 
I'm sorry about that Gordon.
I've had this problem in the march assignment too :cry: That time I resolved it by switching from picasa to flickr.
This time I went straight for flickr but my image doesn't even show in preview.I don't have this problem annywhere else in this forum.I will edit my post by adding 2 links to locations on picasa and flickr.
If anyone can help me get by this issue I will sure apreciate it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:39 pm 

antipropho:

Change your URL from Image

to

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3422087004_aebaf68a6a.jpg[ /img] without the space in the last bracket and it'll work. For future reference, all [img] tags have to point to an actual image file-type. Flickr throws that extra "?v=0" bit on there for some reason when you copy the URL straight-up, which throws of bbCode tags.

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:59 pm 
Plymer wrote:
antipropho:

Change your URL from Image

to

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3422087004_aebaf68a6a.jpg[ /img] without the space in the last bracket and it'll work. For future reference, all [img] tags have to point to an actual image file-type. Flickr throws that extra "?v=0" bit on there for some reason when you copy the URL straight-up, which throws of bbCode tags.

thank you very much !
This issue was starting to be a pain in the neck.

Post subject: Spring
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:27 pm 
Mikeroch: Is that a venus flytrap?

Syncharmony: Very nice, I wish we had water features like that close by.....

Razvan: Is that a bumble bee?

Wonderful photos everyone! Happy Easter!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:15 pm 
Syncharmony,very nice composition.Was the water rapid?Beacose when I try to get the same efect I always burn the image and I think the river I'm shooting is to slow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

I agree, it's a lovely composition...

BTW, antipropho or anyone else who wants to know how to achieve a similar affect, see our Blurring water tutorial over at dslrtips.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:06 pm 
I've watched your tutorial and here's a quote from it: "Watch out! Too bright? Use a 'Neutral Density' filter ".That's what happened to me.:wink:

I will just have to wait untill I figure out how to get the filter mount for my camera from Lensmate.Nobody has it listed in my area yet. :cry: and the shipping costs for 1 pcs is ridiculous even to think of.

Post subject: Re: Spring
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 pm 
Geo wrote:
Razvan: Is that a bumble bee?

Have you checked out the high resolution photo? :)
Yes,I believe that is a bumble bee. They were all over the place,gathering pollen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next