Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:15 pm 
Spray paint that puppy yellow and you're good to go 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:13 pm 
Haha indeed! anyone does it I will literally eat my hat:O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:26 pm 
As a side note, just thought I'd mention that the 70-300, and 18-70 do indeed fit in this bag, albeit with a different set-up. I've swapped some of the dividers around and I can fit the D80 with 70-300 attached, and the 18-70 in the corner of main compartment. In this way the body is at the bottom end of the bag, lens facing upwards. Works quite well. I know I said I don't use my camera bag anymore, I do, just for long distance travelling and holidays though :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:42 pm 

OMG! I've had the 200AW for the past 2 months and never new about the raincover! It came free with my camera and there was no mention of it in the leaflets that came with it.

Thanks GregoryK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:37 pm 
scottagw wrote:
OMG! I've had the 200AW for the past 2 months and never new about the raincover! It came free with my camera and there was no mention of it in the leaflets that came with it.

Thanks GregoryK

haha np :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:56 pm 
Has anyone considered the Lowepro Fastpack? Seems like a good mix of backpack (for comfort) and sling bag (for speedy access to camera).

Those that have used the Slingshot... how comfortable is the one strap versus a backpack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:29 am 
Carrying all the gear in the bag, depends on how long haha. I wouldn't want to take a one strap bag hiking for example.

I only really use my camera bag when I go travelling to the country side say, on a flight and so on. I never take a camera bag when I go into the city, or on a casual outing, to photograph, too obvious, and my back pack, (two straps) is more comfortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:38 pm 
What is the this lowepro slingshot like to carry by just putting the strap over your one right sholder, Like a lot of people do with a normal 2 strap bag?

I find it a pain having to slip bags on and off over my head all the time

Wearing it this way, is it quick and easy to get to the camera with out having to take it off the one sholder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:03 pm 
tobywuk wrote:
What is the this lowepro slingshot like to carry by just putting the strap over your one right sholder, Like a lot of people do with a normal 2 strap bag?

I find it a pain having to slip bags on and off over my head all the time

Wearing it this way, is it quick and easy to get to the camera with out having to take it off the one sholder?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to just rotate the bag around to get easy access while changing lenses or whatever.

The only thing I must note is that if you plan to go for one of the other slingshot models, I personally wouldn't have gone for anything bigger than the 100 model, as when I've got all my gear, d80, lenses etc, in my bag, carrying the entire weight of the bag on one shoulder can get quite tiring. I can only imagine what it would be like carrying even more lenses and a DSLR all supported by one shoulder. :? I carry my D80 using it's strap around my neck or over my shoulder when I'm out taking photos and have the bag for any other things i need, and for putting the things back in the bag when I head for home, so while shooting, I normally have 1 lens in the bag, and the other standard bits.

*side note*, I do use my camera bag if I'm going on a walk by myself down to the beach or am going to a party or something, but if I'm going somewhere where I think there might be dodgy crowds I take the back pack. Something else, if I am going to have to carry the gear for a long time, ive even put the A100 bag, inside a backpack lol. :lol:

Here's an update on what the D80 with 18-70, and 70-300VR attached looks like;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:44 am 

A cautionary note on using a backpack to carry your camera....
I'm a motorcyclist, I had not long had a Canon compact which I had stashed in the top flap of my backpack. I'd not long had my Bandit 1200 bike, and took it up to silly speeds on the motorway. The wind managed to blow open the zip and my new camera flew out, smashing itself into many little pieces. Gutted I was, LOL

I have the Slingshot 200 now I have a DSLR, much more secure especially if you put the raincover over it to keep the wind from the zips!! An excellent bag IMHO, very comfy and room for all my kit so far, highly recommended

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm 
That's a good bag.
Handy for one day outings if you don't plan on carrying everything you own it.
I bought one myself.
I use the Lowepro Slingshot 200 model.
I like to have that wee bit of extra storage space as compared to the 100 model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:39 pm 
I have the lowepro slingshot 200 and its a good bag but i dident really get on with it. i found the way you wear it a bit odd and on a long day it gets a bit tiresome on your shoulder.

I know use a crumpler prettyboy XXXL, one of the messanger/strap style bags. I find this more practical to use and since i got it i havent use the slingshot.

Post subject: *Update*
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:37 pm 
Just thought I'd mention that I manage to fit the 24-70 mounted on the D80 with hood reversed, 70-300VR on the left of the bag, and my 35mm F2D on the right. It's a bit of a tight fit, but I can do it if I want to take all my gear with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:23 pm 

I'm considering the lowepro slingshot my self. But I prefer a rucksack, which can be fastened around my waist along with the should strops AND can contain a good tripod. the Velbron Sherpad 435- any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:48 pm 
Make a new thread tbh.