Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:36 am 
Someone needed to start off a thread for this fun lens! I've been enjoying the 3 or so weeks with the pancake lens so far. Makes a great combo with the E-410.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:54 am 
Probably not too many 25mm pancake users! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:08 pm 
There should be some more pancake users after seeing your shots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:26 pm 
perrins57 wrote:
There should be some more pancake users after seeing your shots

Thanks for the very kind words!

Apparently, Olympus has sold a lot of 25mm pancake lens. Maybe there just aren't that many in this forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:14 am 
Okay, here's another 25mm pancake shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:15 pm 
very good photos, i like a lot everyone.
but i wolud like to watch you in street photografy with it, in special in the night, at 2.8 aperture, or to make photos at architecture in night too without tripod, so we can have a complete view of your 25 mm 2.8, that i think is very good in your hands.

bye Marco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:42 am 
I wish I knew how to do street photography. It takes a special set of skills to discretly take photos of people. Streets here in Houston at night are probably a little bit different than Rome too. Not too many people walking around at night. But street photography is definitely something that I want to learn how to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:08 am 
A shot of the Strand in Galveston, Texas. The Strand has a lot of old historical buildings and shops. Galveston is starting to make a comeback five months after Hurricane Ike. The white building on the back left is the railroad museum, which apparentely won't be reopening anytime soon. The exhibits were damaged beyond repair. Fortunately, almost half of the businesses in the Strand have reopened.

E-410, 25mm pancake, 1/1250, f/2.8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:52 pm 
Another photo from the only 25mm pancake owner in this forum! :)

For the larger version:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3538/3385432213_9d1d7f40ec_o.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:05 pm 
A caricaturist in action in the Strand, Galveston, Texas.

Note the famous couple in one of the caricatures. If you have no idea who they are, google "Lakewood Church."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:20 pm 
Please dont post these great images..it makes me want a 25mm and I really dont need another lens!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:28 am 
:) I did not buy new 25mm lens but I need wide angle lens is 50mm F 2.0 or 14-54mm. Your all pictures were nice shots!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:42 pm 
LOL! Massimo, I'll trade the 25 pancake for your 9-18!

Here's more temptation! Go buy the pancake!

This is a photo of an artist making a living in the Strand, in Galveston, Texas. He paints mostly with non-standard tools, and finishes up the painting by using fire to quick dry the paint. All for only $20. As he paints, he plays music in the background. All part of the show. I'll probably buy something from this guy next time I'm down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:08 pm 
Is 25mm pancake is wide angle lens??

I prefer own limit 3 lens
35mm macro lens
70-300mm zoom lens
___mm wide angle lens will come soon.

I went five camera stores for search 14-54mm but they did not have them in stocks. Some warehouses too.

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:11 pm 
25mm is equivalent to 50mm in full sized sensor cameras. So it's not considered wide angle, because wide angle is anything under 50mm. 50mm is supposedly what the human eye sees at.

The pancake lens makes sense if you value portability in combination with an E-4xx camera. It's fun and discrete.