Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: www.videocameralabs.com
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:46 am 
First of all I would like to say thank you for this website for being here helping people having problems w/ photography. I love the reviews as it is very smooth to take in its not really hard to understand even I just have relatively small vocabulary in English I really understand almost 80 percent of the review I view.

Now here is my suggestion I really love the review being conducted here but I think its time for this site to move on to have some Review with video Camera. I would say that this could be the next generation challenge for camera labs to be or to have the www.videocameralabs.com in the future.

www.cameralabs.com Cheers this is just a request and not a demand hope you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi lomer18, thanks for your suggestion - I have thought about doing some camcorder reviews for a long time, but the fact is the demand for them is MUCH lower than for still cameras, which would translate into a much less successful business for us. There's also the technical issue of deciding whether to test NTSC / 60Hz or PAL / 50Hz models and alienating the other region.

There's also the fact they're converging quickly now with still cameras, so my feeling is to stick with still cameras, but to include convergent products and to give video good coverage in the reviews. I hope you find our sections in the reviews about video capabilities are more detailed than most other reviews out there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:26 am 
Gordon Laing wrote:
There's also the technical issue of deciding whether to test NTSC / 60Hz or PAL / 50Hz models and alienating the other region.

If you will not find this a challenge its really a pain

Quote:
I hope you find our sections in the reviews about video capabilities are more detailed than most other reviews out there!

Yeah I did!

= another one. If ever, There are lots of vedeo cam now that are like two way bridge, bridge to compact, slr, then vedeo. all in one if ever i would really interesting in having one for myself, our large family here is alway cosidering that kind of cams we have that cam for what they call have a still while recording. :wink:

perhaps the IQ of that cam can be considered explained by you i look forward for it...(i love the way you explain)

its very interesting, some day if i build up my english i would consider to pass a sample review for it,,, :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:24 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
There's also the fact they're converging quickly now with still cameras, so my feeling is to stick with still cameras, but to include convergent products and to give video good coverage in the reviews. I hope you find our sections in the reviews about video capabilities are more detailed than most other reviews out there!

Hi Gordon!

From an e-mail my friend sent me, after I showed him my camera (SX10 IS) and the SX1 IS:
Quote:
Hey David,
I don't really go much for video on still cameras, so I don't think there's much practical difference between your camera and its "big brother" that you told me about. Anyways, I like your camera (this guy has a 5D).

Regards,
A___ M____