Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Site bug
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:26 pm 
First of all congrats on this wonderful site.

I am having some problems with the site. It seems that every page on the site shows me an alert box.

After some invetigation I found that problems is due to a javascript code in
http://www.cameralabs.com/assets/iemenu.js

The function errHandler
has a line:
alert("Java Script Error\n"+ "\nDescription:"+sMsg+ "\nSource:"+sUrl+ "\nLine:"+sLine);

Its very irritating to see this prompt on every page.
I assume this was added for debugging purposes. A better way to enable debugging without bugging users would be add something like
window.status = "Java Script Error: "+ " Description:"+sMsg+ " Source:"+sUrl+ " Line:"+sLine;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi cambob, welcome to Cameralabs!

The file you're referring to is part of our dropdown menu system, and this is something we intend to overhaul in the near future. In the meantime, the issue doesn't seem to affect browsers running their default settings.

We have only seen it on browsers running modified or higher than normal security settings. If you're using IE, you'll need to be in the Internet Zone and allow Active X.

Obviously I don't want to encourage you to reduce your preferred level of security, but wanted to let you know the code does run fine on default browser security settings, but that it's something we're working on regardless. Clearly we would like everyone who visits the site to see the pages rendering correctly and we hope to resolve this particular issue very soon.

In the meantime, thanks for your kind words! We're pleased you like the site and if there's anything you'd like to see more of, just let us know.

Gordon Laing, Editor