Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm 
I haven't checked all four pages of this thread so this may have been mentioned before.

Based on the amount of questions I read being asked here about very elementary things I think a workshop simply covering the basics of photography wouldn't go amiss.

After all... You have to be able to walk before you can run.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:34 am 
+1

or on about the dangers of newbie overspending!

hehehe....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:00 pm 
I add my vote to light painting tutorial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:01 am 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
There's a video just like that coming up from me, I'll send you a PM once it arrives.

Don't suppose you could send me a PM as well??? please??? I'm looking at buying one at the moment, and i don't know where to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm 
I would like to see a workshop about composition. I mean like shooting angles for portraits, landscapes and so on. To me getting the angle right is one of the most important things when shooting and sometimes it is not that easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:56 pm 
- astro-photography
- High-speed photography (freezing motion w/strobes)
- Extreme telephoto photography 600mm+

Thanks for all the great workshops Gordon, I have read/watched every one multiple times...

ahopp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:34 pm 
let me just say the workshops are absolutely awesome!

I would love to see a workshop on

-how to meter a shot
-action shots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:54 pm 

I, too, would enjoy seeing tutorials on metering and light painting. Light painting seems like so much fun!

Also, would you perhaps consider doing a brief tutorial on panoramic shots? i.e. exposing correctly, lining them up properly, etc.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:49 am 
night portiat!!
the importance of a flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:28 pm 
Strobing with a single flashgun? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:51 am 
Hi, first of all I must thank to cameralabs for teaching me photography, I've learned from this site (from the workshops) and forum almost everything I know now!
So thanks cameralabs :), good job gordon.

I'm very passionate about airplanes, in fact I'm a young aircraft engineer. So I've been to a few airshow's and also spotting and I've found it pretty difficult to shoot at the airshow, so I think an action/sports workshop will be grate :D .

many thanks! Claudiu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Claudiu, welcome on-board! Sadly there's very few airshows around where I now live, so the likelihood of a workshop on them is slim! But there are several threads on airshows and planes in other sections of the forum if you fancy a search...

Post subject: tips
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:37 am 
hi gordon any idea when the next one will be posted, and what will it be

thank

mrtz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:50 am 
Ok so like many other people I didnt read all 5 pages of suggestions. So if any of these have been said please omit them.

1. Guide to buying used lenses (what to look for--mold--dust--damage)

2. A quick Introduction to the DSLR world explaining Exposure, Aperture, Shutter and sensitivity. (Since there are so many people moving from point and shoots to DSLR's)

3. What settings to use for different times of day or with different light situations. Smaller aperture? slower shutter? Higher or lower sensitivity?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:48 pm 

bit of an odd request...

Tips on how to hold a camera to minimize unneccessary blurring in a picture.

I find it hard to concentrate on my shot, think about how I'm stood and other things when I'm using the beercan lens.

I take a fairly wide stance when I can to get a firm grounding, but sometimes my arms dunno what they're doing!

Like I said, odd request and maybe a little too basic - but I'm finding quite a lot of my shots aren't focused correctly because I've shook taking the picture. Find it quite annoying when you've got a couple of seconds to get the shot you want of a live object.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next