Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC

If you have a camera that can capture Raw images, how often do you shoot in Raw?
I always shoot in Raw nowadays, I don't bother with Jpeg anymore. 41%  41%  [ 12 ]
I occasionally shoot in Raw if it's a one off special scene that I want to be perfect. 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
I usually shoot at least 1 Raw image for each location I'm at or subject I'm shooting. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
About 50/50, sometimes Raw, sometimes Jpeg. 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
I always shoot 1 Raw image for every 1 Jpeg I shoot. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I always shoot 1 Raw image for every 1 Jpeg I shoot. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I don't bother with Raw at all. It takes up too much precious storage space and I can't really be bothered with all the post processing because most people can't tell the difference anyway. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
What the hell is Raw? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I haven't shot in Raw yet, but I am interested in trying it out. 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:34 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
.......if your camera shoots a lower quality JPEG in RAW plus JPEG mode, I'd shoot two versions instead. One just in RAW and one in best quality JPEG mode.

Gordon

Is the RAW and fine JPEG mode on the 40D good enough Gordon or would you still recommend shooting one in RAW only and one in fine JPEG?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:56 pm 

The RAW + fine_jpeg should produce exactly the same results as the fine_jpeg alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:27 pm 

I shoot RAW only 9 times out of 10, mainly because I still need a USB card reader as the 350D gets funny about the RAW and JPG on the direct camera USB. I have a card reader on my pc downstairs, but its kind of not fitted and just goes into a usb header on the motherboard.

RAW + Fine JPG is the best way to shoot especially if you have a slow computer, you can skim through the jpgs to sort out the rubbish shots, then only pick the good ones for RAW processing.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:59 pm 
That's a good idea Dan, sticking to RAW + Fine JPG for faster access to the pictures. Good advice.

Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:20 am 
I shoot in jpeg fine 95% of the time. I only shoot RAW when I plan to do post processing.