Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:38 am 
Wow ! Awesome .. !
Are you sure you are not a professional photographer ? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:05 am 
I was looking at your Flickr and you really do take great pictures. You've got some nice gear as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:01 am 
Jay wrote:
Peter,

What are your secrets behind your awesome landscape shots?!

Thanks Jay.

Its not the shot that is awesome......its really the place where you take the photo and the time of day you take the photo's.
Photo's taken in the early morning and late afternoon almost always have very good lightconditions and beautifull colors. I somethimes photograph at mid-day but
i can never seem to catch the beautyfull light that i find in the early morning and late afternoon. Most of the photo's that i take at noon look like snapshots. I try to include a cloudy sky and water in my photo's(river ,sea). Reflections from cloudy skies, light into the water add to the magic in the photo. If possible i add something interesting in the front of the photo. This can be a rock ,a treelog or something else. I also look for lines that can lead the eye of the viewer into the scenery. These lines can be a path, a road a crack in the rocks. And last but not least....i take a few thousend photo's in a year.....but i only keep a few that i find good enough myself. I only show these and hope others like them to. :)

Last edited by Houtmeyers Peter on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 am 
DavidL wrote:
Wow ! Awesome .. !

No DavidL ...i have never sold a single photo. :lol: I am an amateur and i work as a welder. Almost all my savings go into my trips and gear. I somethimes allow a local magazine to use some of my pics.....but i never want their money though.

Last edited by Houtmeyers Peter on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:26 am 

This is stunning mate! I think you could seriously consider giving up the day job if this work is anything to go by.

Congratulations, I think this is possbly the best shot of all the members shots here.

Zorro 8) [/u]

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:58 pm 
Not a pro..yet huh ?
Well I certainly think you can try to sell a few.
Check out the thread Here
Its about printers but there's some idea on maybe how you can start selling pictures .

Hope there's no infringement of ideas :oops: :idea: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:35 pm 
Houtmeyers Peter wrote:
Jay wrote:
Peter,

What are your secrets behind your awesome landscape shots?!

And last but not least....i take a few thousend photo's in a year.....but i only keep a few that i find good enough myself. I only show these and hope others like them to. :)

Well we all like them too!!! Especially me!!! hahaha Landscape would be my preferred area of photography. I like it all but theres something about nature and historic landmarks that blow me away.

keep up the grouse work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:05 pm 
Peter,

Wow. I was looking through your flickr and some of those pictures are so good they almost look fake..(thats a good thing)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:03 am 
Houtmeyers Peter wrote:
DavidL wrote:
Wow ! Awesome .. !

No DavidL ...i have never sold a single photo. :lol: I am an amateur and i work as a welder. Almost all my savings go into my trips and gear. I somethimes allow a local magazine to use some of my pics.....but i never want their money though.

Hi Peter, I really do admire your attitude that U know well of your gift and had fully utilize it throughout your master piece without talking about money. In my view U are at the level of a professional photographer, and yet, in one day, when the time is right, I do believe U might turn up to be as your profession. :P