Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are You a Mac or a PC?
OS X 23%  23%  [ 16 ]
Windows 57%  57%  [ 40 ]
Both 16%  16%  [ 11 ]
Neither, I run Linux 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 70
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:38 am 
My first two computers were PC's. My latest purchase was a 17" MBP. After using the Mac for a while now, have to say, I'll probably stick to them. I like the layout and how simple it is to sync everything.

I don't dislike PC's, but IMHO, Mac for me has a slight edge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:54 am 
popo wrote:
But as a rule of thumb, if it exists at all, it will exist for Windows.

In general terms, you're not wrong there. :)

The only thing I was really lacking (in photography) on the Mac was a decent noise handling tool. Then a couple of days ago I discovered that Noise Ninja have plug-in for Aperture, which made me most happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:22 pm 

Im Both

I run both Vista Home Premium x86 (X64 upgrade later) and Mac OS X 10.5

On Vista I run games, downloads and other stuff. On Mac I use photoshop, lightroom and work related mostly.

^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:11 pm 
No matter what you choose you are a PC. It's all the same hardware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:23 am 

I use Windows and Linux.

Windows XP, Vista and soon I will give 7 a shot.

Linux, love it for light stuff.

OSX, hate it! When OSX first came out we rolled it out to all of our OS9 dual core G4s, and minus looking good, they crashed everything!
When we told Apple about this we were informed it was a known problem, and we could fix it by upgrading to 10.1 when it was released.

Needless to say, that started me on my endless path of avoiding Apple products, no matter how good they looked. I never like the way Mac OSX ran either, everything is in the wrong place. I would rather run a Linux or another Unix kernal.

55-200mm VR
ML-L3 Wireless release
SB600

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 am 
Mac all the way baby! Windows just frustrates me.

In a way i wish Apple would stop growing so quickly. i don't want my mac to be venerable to viruses. or I'd hate to see apple turn out to be like Microsoft and sorta get lost in their own company. they are just perfect the way they are now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 am 

OS X can already get viruses

Always has been :lol:

Just they arnt as widespread as their windows based counterparts - but they are there.

I run XP SP3 with no anti virus - I'm hardcore 8)

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 am 
I'm a Mac trapped in a the body of a PC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:50 pm 
jake.rohan wrote:

like a hackintosh? or do you just wish you had a mac?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:24 pm 
@DD, macs have never not had viruses, although you can't deniy its a huge amount less likely to get a virus on mac versus pc. Mainly because there are hundreds of millions more Windows machines than Macs!

You're brave, why not install someting like AVG or Avast, i bet you probably have at least one small virus!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:36 pm 
Tomis wrote:
jake.rohan wrote:

like a hackintosh? or do you just wish you had a mac?

I wanted to get a mac, but I'm a gamer, and I'm starting to build a Gaming PC. ( NO games come out on Mac, (except Spore.... but thats not a real game))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:49 am 
There are lots of games for Mac, I just played COD4 recently but I would never recommend a Mac to a gamer, they are just too far behind. I've got a few games for Mac but I end up booting into XP for most of my gaming. I'm not a serious gamer so it's inconvenience I'm willing to put up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:30 am 

In a perfect world, I'd run linux on my Gaming/Photo PC...But you can guess why I don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:24 am 

I'm not brave.

I'm just not an idiot. I know when to let applications run, I check my startup apps all the time, and the task manager and only run with less than 32 processes most of the time - and i know what all are and what they do.

AVG, Norton, Macfee - all hopeless

Do I have 1 small virus, well, maybe. Do I torrent or P2P on my pc? Oh heck no 8)

I use another computer for that - it has anti virus, Bit Defender 8) - and it checks everything (incl inside zip files) to make sure its all good then i'll just go on the network and drag it across. Or if its big ill take my 2.5 HDD down and put it on that, silly 802.11g - I want my Gigabit ethernet back in my room >_< someone accidently cut a cable under the floor! :evil:

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm 
Mac
I used a PC for about 5 years then I switched to a Macbook and I've only had it for about 10 months, but I'm really happy with it.

*Humming*
"Once you get a Mac, you never go back"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next