Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fujifilm FinePix F100fd
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:22 pm 
"Here it is, the F100fd" (I love the way how Gordon introduces a new camera :))

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/f/finepix_f100fd/index.html

I haven't spoted a topic about this model. What's more I'm seriously considering buying it. So guys, what is your opinion about this camera?

The only thing which bothers me is the "pink banding" problem. Here is more about it http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00PDVK

I just can't understand why Fuji put a defected camera on the market.

Marcin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:16 pm 
Hi, if you still haven't made up your mind, you can find some excellent user reviews here:

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Finepix- ... 098&sr=8-1

It's not impossible that Fuji produces a defected camera. They produce a lot P&S cameras every year and they can't take every one of them seriously. Besides, all P&Ss are defected from certain point of view, but we still use them because they are small.

Cheers,
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:30 pm 
I am a bit confused - some reviewers laud the high iso performance; others say it is worse than the F30; others say it is just OK... :?

Who to believe??

Quote:
So, how does it work? I've just spent the better part of a spring day comparing the F100 images directly with my F30 under various conditions.

Unfortunately, no, they did not manage to repeal the laws of physics. At ISO 3200, the 12MP F100 with its necessarily smaller pixels gives rougher images than my 6MP F30. And as for the ISO 12,800; forget it, it's a gimmick. The images are so rough as to be useless. This irritated me; borders on deceptive advertising.

Quote:
On the basis of my (so far, very limited) experience with this camera, I would rate it one of the best in its category. The minus one star is for the lack of manual shutter/aperture controls (available on the F50, F30 and other earlier Finepix models) and for apparently not controlling noise any better than Canon at ISO levels up to 400.

Quote:

I'm a professional photographer and I've owned a Fuji F10, F30, F50 and now the F100. The F50 was the only dog of that group. The F100 I feel has just as good low-light performance as my beloved F30 but with twice the resolution. You can look at my blog at http://rickleephoto.blogspot.com and click on the "Produce" tag and see that weeks #122 and up are shot with the F100 at ISO800. The color and sharpness are stunning. With the F30, I always had the camera set on minus 1/3 or 2/3 stops to avoid overexposure. I think that problem is solved on the F100. I love the extra wide-angle we have now. That really extends the usefulness of the camera.

:? :? :?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:29 am 
Most people will never need to choose an ISO past 400, maybe 800 at nightsky. The reason most complain about grainy pictures is because they are using the wrong ISO value, knowone will ever need an ISO of 1600 or 3200. Thats just nuts to think people expect 1600 ISO to have clean images. I find that setting the ISO to Auto (400) is best for most sitchuations indoor and outdoor, my F100FD gives me better shots on Auto 400 ISO then just choosing manual.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:03 pm 

Systemlord wrote:
Most people will never need to choose an ISO past 400, maybe 800 at nightsky. [ ... ] no one will ever need an ISO of 1600 or 3200. Thats just nuts to think people expect 1600 ISO to have clean images.

Then you have never shot at ISO 1600 with a Nikon D3 or Canon 1D III

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:37 pm 
Ernie wrote:
Systemlord wrote:
Most people will never need to choose an ISO past 400, maybe 800 at nightsky. [ ... ] no one will ever need an ISO of 1600 or 3200. Thats just nuts to think people expect 1600 ISO to have clean images.

Then you have never shot at ISO 1600 with a Nikon D3 or Canon 1D III

You must be starving for attention to reply to a six month old post. :lol: