Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: LX3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:17 pm 
Frank B wrote:
Well I'm sure glad they pandered to me, as the LX3 is the only compact camera available that meets my needs. It all depends on what you want in your camera.

That's exactly what I said - it all depends what you want, and in your case, it's really lucky that they made exactly what you wanted, because they have *never* made exactly what I wanted (or anyone else wanted either).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:34 pm 

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been in touch, really busy at present. Right, in the end I decided to get the LX3! I saw pictures of both the G10 & LX3 and the LX3 is much better for my needs.

I haven't got a lot of time to try everything yet, but so far I'm really impressed with it. I really like the 24mm, and the picture quality is very good. I'll share my experiences with the camera when I've tried a few more things.

Post subject: case
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:03 am 
Atlas wrote:
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been in touch, really busy at present. Right, in the end I decided to get the LX3! I saw pictures of both the G10 & LX3 and the LX3 is much better for my needs.

I haven't got a lot of time to try everything yet, but so far I'm really impressed with it. I really like the 24mm, and the picture quality is very good. I'll share my experiences with the camera when I've tried a few more things.

The Leica DLux4 carry case isn't available yet, but it looks a lot better than the Panasonic case, and has a better format. Not cheap, but a perfect fit for the LX3.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:59 pm 

EDIT: My assumption here is that you linked to DPR because the direct link to the review and samples wasn't displaying properly. I've tidied up the direct link, wrapped it up in a user friendly way and added another to the samples page. I hope that's OK. Bob Andersson.

Here is a direct link to the review.
http://www.60hzproductions.com/... ...on=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=1

60Hz Productions Canon G10 vs Panasonic LX3 review

60Hz Productions Canon G10 vs Panasonic LX3 sample images

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:00 pm 

The reason I included the DPReview links, as well as the direct link to the review, was that I thought some members might want to read the threads at DPReview.

Frank B wrote:
EDIT: My assumption here is that you linked to DPR because the direct link to the review and samples wasn't displaying properly. I've tidied up the direct link, wrapped it up in a user friendly way and added another to the samples page. I hope that's OK. Bob Andersson.

Here is a direct link to the review.
http://www.60hzproductions.com/... ...on=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=1

60Hz Productions Canon G10 vs Panasonic LX3 review

60Hz Productions Canon G10 vs Panasonic LX3 sample images

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:31 pm 

Well, as I said to you in my PM, you are perfectly at liberty to restore the links as my assumption was wrong. Unlike DPR's attitude to us, we don't use software to censor links even though we prefer not to see that site gain publicity from us that they won't allow their own forum members to reciprocate. :(

Bob.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:15 pm 
.....I've tidied up the direct link, wrapped it up in a user friendly way and added another to the samples page. I hope that's OK. Bob Andersson.....

At first, it looked like an accurate independent review, listing all the superior features of the bigger G10. Then at the end of the review, it's "both excellent choices, take your pick."