Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:31 pm 
Can't wait to see the review of the G1! If possible, I would like to see a comparison with the E-420/520 too.

In my opinion, if the G1 had in-body IS, I would be all over it right now. It would also help if the AF would work on all the 4/3 lenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:17 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Hi Armen, I will be comparing the G1 against the 450D / XSi...!

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for all your efforts and patience with us :wink: Can’t wait to see that review too! It's a promising camera by its characteristics. I don't think that I'll buy other than its kit lens soon, which seems to be delivering better and crisper results than the XSI with its kit lens up to ISO 400. I do suspect that the XSI would do a better job with even a little higher quality lenses, which I’d hardly afford in the near future :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Armanius, sadly I don't have access to an E-420 or E-520 at the moment, so the comparison will be against the 450D / XSi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:34 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Hi Armanius, sadly I don't have access to an E-420 or E-520 at the moment, so the comparison will be against the 450D / XSi.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure the review will be quite informative nevertheless.

Do you know if the G1's AF incompatibility with most 4/3 lens is going to be remedied in the near future? Given the lack of native micro 4/3 lenses, it would make sense to get as many of the 4/3 lens to be fully AF compatible.

Another nice thing would be the ability to use the image stabilized lens for the G1 on 4/3 cameras like my E-410. That package would be awesomely small and light. Although I am not sure if the kit lens for the G1 is any good.

Olympus and Panasonic, are y'all paying attention? I hope so!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 pm 
Hi, well I have now a FZ18. I have decide to buy it from the review of Mr. Gordon. I must say that I relly love this camera.

Now depending on the reviw of Panasonic G1 I will have a new camera on G1. Or, if not I will sell my FZ18 and buy the FZ28.

The only thing I am affraid of is that a sales man from Panasonic store, told me that actually FZ18 makes better pictures than FZ28 :shock:
And also some pictures better than G1.
I am not a expert in photograpy, he told me something about the procesor. And some software.

So first of all. Could this be true? Could FZ18 be so strong? Better than FZ28?

And second, I am really thinking buying the G1. Should I?

Thank you for youre help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi arisanu, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

As for the FZ28 vs the FZ18, I think the salesperson was probably talking at the negative effect of always increasing the number of pixels. You can see my FZ28 review to compare the other differences...

As for the G1, I'm working on the review right now... I can't say when it will be finished though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:10 am 
Gordon-

If you need volunteers to test the G1, let me know! I'll pay for the shipping to America!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

That's very kind, but I don't think Panasonic NZ would be very happy about that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:46 pm 
Rats!!! Foiled again!

I can't even find a G1 anywhere in Houston to put my hands on it ... Very annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:58 pm 
So Mr. Gordon, is it possible for the Panasonic FZ18 to be better (especially in image quality) than FZ28 ??? Please explain me this in few words.
And also I have a little suggestion, maybe you and you’re team, should also test bad cameras. Some cameras that people should not buy.

Best regards

Radu. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Radu, this thread is about the G1, so it's best to post about the FZ28 in a different thread! As for noise levels between them, I can't say anything more than what's presented in my reviews of both cameras and their High ISO noise results pages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, just a quick note to let you know we've published our Panasonic G1 High ISO noise results page here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panas ... oise.shtml

This is taken from our forthcoming full review and is presented here as a preview... hope it's useful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:14 pm 

Looks good :) Gives me hope other future micro four thirds models may be a good DSLR quality alternative in compact format.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject: Banding on higher ISO?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:19 pm 
Hi,

thanks for this preview to the G1 test.

I'm not so much concerned about a bit of noise, but: does the G1 show banding and regular noise patterns on higher ISO like the Olympus cams do?

Cheers,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Chris / rustytrawler, welcome on-board!

I haven't seen any banding on my high ISO samples taken with the G1, although I should also note I am running the very latest firmware.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next