Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 am 
Hi all,
I have just recieved the new FZ28 and am so far very impressed. However i also purchased the DMC H2 connection to play HD video on my HDTV (toshiba)

I am thus far somewhat disappointed with the qulaity of the image that is appearing on the TV. As you maybe aware the connection (DMC H2) is designed to be connected as a component video but the quality is not much different from watching other video and certainly not what i thought HD might be. Through the LCD on the camera the picture quality for the HD video looks stunning.

Has anyone else had good or bad results using the connection? Is the only answer to use a mediaplayer that can play hd mov files connected via HDMI to the tv?

If so any recommendations on which media player etc?

Any advice and thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Neil

Post subject: HD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:44 am 
HD video from the teeny tiny sensor of the FZ camera is way, way inferior to a typical DVD. To get good quality video, you need either a real video camera, or try one of the newer compact cameras with a much larger CCD.

Post subject: video quality
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:45 am 
Thanks Dalethorn,

I assume you are speaking from experience of using an FZ28 or TZ5 using HD settings?

I do not think the issue is the camera or its sensor as the image looks stunning on the LCD screen and on the PC when viewed through quicktime. However when connected to a 32inch HDTV the quality seems to reduce.

My toshiba tv doesnt seem to have any settings adjustments when using component video as most people would use HDMI cables to connect for HD which the tv does have options for.

Anyone else have actual experiences of using the TZ5 or FZ28 for video?

Post subject: Re: video quality
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:08 am 
don't know of anyone who rates the Panasonic video as stunning, so I guess your perceptions are based on a different experience from mine. My videos do look very good on the computer screen, not so good on the big-screen TV. It's not that the resolution is different, it's the fact that on the big screen the artifacts and other problems are more apparent.