Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:15 pm 

bentn wrote:
Has any one got the tele conversion lens, DMW-LT55 yet ?
If so, I would very much like to hear some feedback on how good/bad it is on the FZ28. - Or if somebody got the Olympus TCON-17 tele converter instead...feedback please :D

take care,
bentn

I have a TCON-17 on order. Will post impressions when I have it in my hands and have tried it. However, I've never used anything like it before (nor an extended zoom digital camera), so I really have nothing to benchmark it against. I have tried changing the lens CONVERSION setting in the camera - it just extends the lens (zooms in) so you don't get the looking down a barrel effect when the conversion lens adapter DMW-LA3 is mounted.

My two previous digital cameras were a Canon SD100 and a Sony DSC-M1. Prior to that was a Minolta XTsi and before that, my first camera - a Pentax K1000. Just as an aside, I think my Pentax took better pictures than the Minolta - not bad for such a basic camera.

Post subject: TCON-17 on FZ28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:10 pm 

Last edited by rcy on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:47 pm 

Hello Everyone,
My name is Dan and I've been following this post for several months now, shortly after I bought my 2nd digital camera, the FZ28. This is a really versatile camera, I am loving it. My old camera only ever came out for birthdays, holidays and Christmas. The FZ28 goes everywhere with me I like playing around with the settings and learning how they relate to different scenarios.

BentQ asked
Quote:
Has any one got the tele conversion lens, DMW-LT55 yet ?
If so, I would very much like to hear some feedback on how good/bad it is on the FZ28. - Or if somebody got the Olympus TCON-17 tele converter instead...feedback please

I purchased the Raynox DCR1540 Pro telecon lens and am really impressed with the clarity it can achieve. Ihave only played with it twice and noticed that the camera selects a higher iso than without the lens, I guess there must be less light entering the lens. This leads to more noise in the photo. You can see an example of the moon with and without the lens at [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/32766848@N06/[/ur]
The temperature outside was -5 degrees C and everything was working fine, I didn't try the camera inside afterwards, there may have been condensation on the lens.
Regards
Dan

Post subject: Re: Cold weather use
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:22 pm 

Rui Costa wrote:
Hi everyone, Has anyone used their FZ28 out in the cold. The manual states the operating temperature is 0 to 40 degrees celsius. I'm also aware of possible condensation on the lens when going back indoors. Could there be any other problems with the camera.

Thanks

Rui

Hi Rui,

I tried it last week and this weekend. Temperature was about -6 to -12 degrees and extreemly dry air.
I did not encounter 1 issue.
You must accept the fact that during these temperatures the batt life will drop and that having a second batt is a must have for a full day of fun. You must also be carefull with the change from warm to cold and visa versa.

In my signature you'll find a link with the photo's that I took last weekend.

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the club.
You have every reason to love this versatile camera. I am still doubting to buy a dslr since the image quality, weight, lens, raw etc of the FZ28 is superb and more then good enough when you have enough light.
I might still buy a dslr for indoor camera work and use a 18-55 lens.
Regards,

Luke

Post subject: FZ28 Test HD Video
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:26 pm 

Hi,

New to the forum. Just got my new FZ28 and shot some stills and
videos at the Zoo this weekend. I really like the camera so far.

HD Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmNnYcvWBG8&fmt=22

http://vimeo.com/2814394

Stills:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hongcheng99 ... directlink

5DMII | 17-40L | 50 1.4 | Sigma 70-200 | Sigma 150 Macro | Sigma 150-500

Last edited by rcheng99 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:45 pm 

Hi luke-san,

Thanks for responding, great to hear that there is no problems with cold weather. I look forward to going out for some pics.

Hi rcheng99,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new toy :D
Great video and pics by the way.

Rui

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi rcheng99, weclome on-board - nice HD video, and the long focal length certainly gave you decent footage of the animals... what did you use to edit the video?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:55 pm 

Thanks Gordon,

I do love the great zoom on the FZ28. It's a great hybrid travel camera. The video was edited with Vegas Pro.

I enjoy your reviews a lot, keep up the good work.

RC

5DMII | 17-40L | 50 1.4 | Sigma 70-200 | Sigma 150 Macro | Sigma 150-500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:44 pm 

Some pics on my Fz28. This is my first digital camera. Mostly taken in iA mode. Some in P mode. Am just a newbie. Let me know your feedback.

http://picasaweb.google.com/resca80.fz28/FZ28PicsRel1#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:32 pm 

Quote:
Just remember f8 on your FZ28 will be like f22 on a typical DSLR.

Gordon wrote the above earlier. Can someone explain this to me. I thought f stops were a standard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:59 pm 

he's refering to the depth of field, which is significantly larger with such a small sensor. You'll still get the same shutter speeds with f/8 in a compact, as you do in a DSLR.

Website
Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:19 pm 

Nostrum, Thanks for your reply. So the aperture diametre size of f8 on the Fz28 is the same as f8 on a dslr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:04 am 

A newcomer to the forum and the FZ28.

Looking forward to learning more about the camera and its settings.

We have a new baby so any tips about taking baby pics would be welcome.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rui, no the physical iris size will be different depending on the actual focal length. It's only the exposure which will be the same.

Remember the f-number is the foal ratio - that is to say, the actual focal length of the lens divided by the effective exit iris diameter.

So if a 50mm lens had just one piece of glass in it and a focla ratio of f2, that lens would be 25mm in diameter. Remember in these compacts though, the actual focal length may only be 5 or 10mm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:58 pm 

Nice threat, a lot to learn from here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next