Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:50 pm 
hi,i am new here, so here comes my first question :P
yesterday i ordered the TZ5 i still haven't received it but i allready would like to inform my self about the diffirent flash cards available. especialy since i would like to make some recordings with the HD ability.

i found this one.. its in dutch but i am sure you can understand the information writen about it...
http://shop.transcend.nl/product/ItemDe ... =TS8GCF133

its fairly cheap and i was also thinking of getting that one or this one

http://shop.transcend.nl/product/ItemDe ... TS16GSDHC6

which is 16gb so i will probably need much space for the HD recordings..

i would like to get some advice couse i am fairly new to all this..

Post subject: SDHC
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 pm 
Make sure you can return it if it doesn't record the video smoothly at 3.2 megabytes per second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:58 pm 

hey,

I got a Kingston Class 6 SDHC 8GB and I don't have any problems so far - I know it's probably not the fastest (I actually wanted to go for a Sandisk Extreme III or something like that) but it seems perfectly OK...
I'll keep you updated when I have some more experience since I got my TZ5 just now :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:02 pm 

zigo wrote:
hi,i am new here, so here comes my first question :P
yesterday i ordered the TZ5 i still haven't received it but i allready would like to inform my self about the diffirent flash cards available. especialy since i would like to make some recordings with the HD ability...

Hi zigo,

May I offer you a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forums.

Gordon had a few words about suitable cards for HD ideo which you can read here.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:20 pm 
Hi, i'm using a normal SDHC 4GB card from toshiba and had no problem recording the highest HD format though i can't compare the actual video played on my pc with other higher speed card.

Cheeros

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:27 pm 
pumraw wrote:
hey,

I got a Kingston Class 6 SDHC 8GB and I don't have any problems so far - I know it's probably not the fastest (I actually wanted to go for a Sandisk Extreme III or something like that) but it seems perfectly OK...
I'll keep you updated when I have some more experience since I got my TZ5 just now :)

Hi - had my TZ5 for a week now, and intially bought the 4gb version of the one quoted above.

1) it doesn't play back HD well on the camera itself
2) when played from camera onto PC, it is stuttery with big freezes in frames
3) when uploaded onto PC it is stuttery, but no freezes.

I am new to decent spec'd cameras, but have read a bit about needing a card that reads/writes at 10mbps.

The Kingston card is class 6, so assume its 6mbps, but their website gives no more info than that.

Having not read Gordon's note, I've just been out to buy the Sandisk Ultra II SDHC (8gb). Cost me £20...could've got it cheaper online, but going to Legoland with family this weekend!

I'll let you know how I get on with it.

I do wonder whether PC spec could have something to do with it also. Been reading (again) lots of stuff about HD (Freesat) via PC cards and a lot of people seem to think you need a Dual Core with at least 3.2ghz. My PC is an Intel 3.0ghz, so that may be something to do with it.

I will also try hooking it up to a HD TV too, to see if that plays ok.

I expect I'll be asking a few questions, hopefully they won't be too basic!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:48 pm 
Spent the weekend getting to grips with new TZ5 at Legoland and was really pleased with the results.

Having played around with both the Kingston and Sandisk SDHC cards, I can report that both play fine on my CRT as well as fine on a HD TV...although through the supplied cables...not bought Component Cables yet!

Also, tonight I downloaded all my snaps onto my PC via XP's own software.

All of a sudden my HD movies (of me on a rollercoaster) seem to play fine on my PC...maybe its the Quicktime Update I've got???