Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TZ5 Shutter Speed
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:18 am 
Ok, I am obviously missing something here. I suspect that I am not understanding the function of Min Shutter Speed, which on this camera is from 1 sec down to 1/200 sec. Does this mean that the camera has the ability, at its discretion, to go to 1/2000th of a sec if it needs to (as stated in specs), and that I just have no control over when it does? I have control over how slow the shutter can go, but not how fast? I'm lost. Any help is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:42 am 
Unfortunately the TZ5 has little manual control over most of the settings so you are limited in what you can do. This page of Gordon's review gives a detailed description of what can be done with the shutter speed. (Scroll down to the part about creative modes.)

It appears that by adjusting the minimum shutter speed you can ensure that the camera does not choose a shutter that is too fast if you're into long exposure photography.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:35 pm 
Thanks, I never thought to check back to the review; I'm still not used to reviews being quite that comprehensive. If it were another company, I would hold out hope that there would be added features in a future firmware release; however, Panasonic doesn't seem to believe in releasing firmware (from what I've read). It's looking more and more like I'm going to need to save for a SLR. Thanks again.