Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:15 am 
Hi, first off all, let me say that your video reviews are the best. And i've been learning alot about cameras just by watching this videos.
I'm thinking on buying a new compact digital camera. I'm not a dedicaded photografer, i just like to take fotos of my kids, events that i attend and places i go.
From the search that i've being doing on the web, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX35 is on top. All the reviews point at one good solution. However, i came across with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500. UAU!!!
Do you plan to have a review on it? Have you test it already? What do you think?
Its costs more, but seams to be wortit.

Miguel

p.s Sorry for may english! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:53 am 
Hi Miguel and welcome to the forum!!!

First of all, your English is very good!!! :P

Secondly, Gordon has tested the DMC-FX35 here. It's worth a good read if you haven't already.

Currently there isn't a review of the FX500 here at Cameralabs. Can anyone suggest a good one from the outside?? Or maybe Gordon can reveal if anything is in the pipeline??

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:38 pm 
Hi...

I've seen the review on th FX35 and also the TZ5 and right now I'm still between the two of them. One day is the smaller FX35 and the other is the 10x zoom on the TZ5.
I was waiting to read more about the FX500 but the difference on the final price is still one handicap for the FX500.

I will probably go to the ... :!: :?: :shock: :roll: i don't know! :!: :?: :shock: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hi miguel, look out for a review of the FX500 coming in the next few weeks!

Much of the choice between it and the FX35 boils down to how much you want the slightly longer lens, the touch screen and the manual control of the FX500. Both cameras have the 25mm wide angle, the HD movies and the Intelligent Auto - and the FX35 is smaller and slightly cheaper too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:14 am 
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the information.

I think I've decided. :D
I'm going for the TZ5. Because of the zoom and the screen.
The FX500 is more expensive and I just want a simple camera to take pictures of my kids. I have a Cybershot with 2Megapixeis and it was time to have a upgrade and i thing the TZ5 will do it. Don't you? :D

Best regards