Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:05 pm 
hello!
i just had a look on the lumix L1 but i have few question here:
1. does anyone know where i can buy it? and how much would it cost? also the lens for L1.. do they cost alot? (i need some lens for long distance like in air show)
2. my dad has an olympus E 500 and he has few lens, is it ok if i use it on L1? (he has the 7-14mm f/4.0 ,14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5, )
3. does it have the O.I.S like on the FZ30(i have a FZ30,but i would like to move on to DSLR)?
4. is there any other good (but cheap, and i like 4/3 type DSLR) DSLR that i can use apart from E 500 or L1?
i think that about it.. thank very much if anyone answer them for me
oh by the way... my english isn't very good.. sorry if it is hard to understand
thank very much agein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Johnny Boy, welcome to the Cameralabs forums.

I was trying out the L1 only last week and can answer some of your questions:

Yes, it can use any Four Thirds lens, including the Olympus ZD models and the fabulous 7-14mm which we have reviewed on the site. There are also some long Four Thirds lenses available for your airshow work.

It doesn't have stabilisation built into the body, but some new Four Thirds lenses have OIS, most notably the Leica 14-50mm OIS which will be sold with many L1s as a premium kit. This lens should also work fine on the Olympus bodies.

As for pricing and availability, we hope to list some suppliers under the Panasonic section of the Cameras menu soon. Looking much longer term, we'd also expect a more affordable penta-prism styled DSLR from Panasonic.

Gordon