Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: fz 30 noise?!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:48 pm 
hi, first of all, excuse my english.
please, pretty please can you tell me from what iso the noise is becoming visible? i mean, i red your review, great job, and i can say that i like this camera because it has a great ois and, from what i could see, the picture looks more lively, more clear than fuji"s.
on the other hand, hopw much does the ois matter?
because i like fuji 9500 either. and i think the picture token by this camera are a little blury, but there is almost no noise. and we return at the noise problem...
k, that's all.
thanks a lot, keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:12 pm 
i just got this camera 3 days ago..
i do have to say it is a great camera... but the noise level is high... and i don't know why... i test it with 100 ISO, f2.8 and 1/50.. on 35 mm equiv... it has high noise level..hope that information can help you
by the way, i don't know why the noise level is so high.. can anyone please help me or tell me why (is it my problem or the camera problem?)
thank very much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:13 am 
Site Admin

Hello and welcome to Cameralabs.

If you have a look at the crops on the noise results page for the FZ30 at...

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panas ... ge4c.shtml

...you can see its noise levels are noticeably higher than its rivals, even at 200 ISO.

This could be due to a number of factors, although we suspect its mostly down to the sensor. I would consequently try and only use the FZ30 at an ISO of 100 where possible. At least the optical stabilisation will help you handhold at slower shutter speeds.

It will be interesting to see how the new FZ50 compares, especally as it has both higher resolution and higher sensitivities on offer.

Gordon

Post subject: FZ30 noise
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:11 am 
Either Noise Ninja or Neat Image will make the noise immaterial. 11x14 is about the max with ISO 400, thoug.

I use Noise Ninja and apply full strength, then save, then "fade" until a visual balance of noise vs detai.