Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: LX100 Battery Life?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm 

Are any Panasonic LX100 owners experiencing disappointing battery life? And by this I don't so much mean a low number of shots per charge. I have had limited opportunities to use my camera, so it has sat idle for several days at a time. When picking it up to use, the first battery was completely dead 4-5 days after a full charge, on very limited live use. I exchanged that first battery. The second seems to be doing somewhat better, but after a full charge Saturday, and limited use, it's showing 2 bars on the indicator. Still it doesn't seem anywhere near my previous Fuji X10 and the Sony RX100II, which have sat unused for weeks without showing drain, and then when they were used still had plenty of charge.

Does anyone know of any settings I might want to change? I find this not good or normal, but does anyone have any further insight? Is this normal for the LX100? What about other Panasonic cameras?

Many thanks for any light to be shed on this.

Steve
(Los Angeles, CA, US)

Post subject: Re: LX100 Battery Life?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:44 pm 

In case anyone is curious about the outcome of this:

The second battery ended up losing all power in a very similar time frame. So I took the camera back next weekend. Exchange was no problem. There happened to be a Panasonic rep there, so I was able to detail it to him as well. (I'd had an online support chat with Panasonic as well, and they were all set to set up an exchange as well).

My new LX100 seems to not suffer the problem at all. Happy to say after a full charge and a week of very light use similar to the first, it is still at full 3 bars.

Post subject: Re: LX100 Battery Life?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:26 pm 

Can anyone comment on the battery life in their LX100? As expected? More? Less? Mine is completely losing it's charge after an initial charge, very light use, then a work week of inactivity. I'm on the second charge now, also with light initial use, and a couple days of inactivity, it looks well on it's way to being dead by the weekend. Is this normal battery life? (I have a Sony RX100II I was going to sell, but it has sat unused for much longer with far less drain). Do I have a bad LX100 sample? Is this normal for a new battery? (I don't recall the RX100 being this way).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.