Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FZ150 imprved vs FZ28?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:53 am 
Hi all,

Great forum - I'm brand new here ...

I've been thinking for months about replacing my FZ28, due to:
- very poor resolution at the long-end of telephoto, unacceptable results even in broad daylight, where the camera will be say taking the shot at 1/640sec, ISO500
- ordinary photos indoors, typically family-scenes in the evening: usually ends up "yellow" without flash or "white" with ...
- everything else fine: EVF, handling, weight, build, ...

I've been taking (pretty decent) photos for yonks, but - although I appreciate the digital cameras in many respects (you can see the results right away, no development time/cost ...) I am not really taking better pictures !!!

The questions are:

Are there some basics I'm missing on the FZ28, that I would repeat even with a better camera?

Would the FZ150 give much better results ? Is it a big step ahead of the FZ28, only 3-odd years after the FZ28 was launched? I have also been considering a GH2 with a 14 - 140mm lens ...

By the way, I almost always use the EVF, an old habit, which is almost a necessity as I've become a little long-sighted, meaning looking at the LCR is not comfortable ... In this respect, the EVF on the FZ28 is small and not fantastic, but useable. I haven't actually seen a GH2 in action in this respect ...

What do you think ? I'm using a camera typically to make a few hundred photos a year, on holidays, travels, "events" ... so I'm happy to think a bit about speed & aperture, but don't want too much complexity as photography is not a daily or even weekly activity ... and therefore a real pleasure to do, when I do get there !

Thanks in advance !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:58 pm 

You should stay off the iA mode. Im very sure that gives all the problems you discover ;)
Try to learn photography in the A mode. Take your manual and shoot, much and much cheaper than a new camera, and, to be honest, much more fun also!

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies