Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:23 am 

I have a TZ3 and when viewing images on the camera LCD and the included software - the PhotoFunStudio and Simple Viewer. objects in pictures are really jagged, yet when I view them through Windows they all look fine. Why is this? I'm more concerned about viewing them on LCD because I thought there was something wrong with my camera before viewing in Windows. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:49 am 

It could be because your camera's screen has a low resolution or because the camera and the supplied software have chosen to render the image at a lower quality than Windows does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:45 pm 

Hi, thanks is this the case for most compacts? And is the Windows image the one I trust? or will the photos turn out differently if I print them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:53 pm 

The computer-image is the better indicator of sharpness/resolution than the LCD-screen on the cam.
When printing up to 20x30cm there should be no prob when the pic on your computer looks sharp.

Post subject: Image jags
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:26 am 
I always use Irfanview (free) to view photos - it's free, fast, has every option imaginable, and does maximum quality renditions if your computer is up to it. Irfanview even plays all the SWF files I've collected, like the movies in 30 seconds performed by bunnies (a must-see).