Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Bri, I've not come across that - I also have a GH2 right here on my desk and just tugged at the eyelets and they seem rpetty secure on that model...

It is a bit of a worry though if the strap comes off and the camera falls... I hope you can get it repaired...

Post subject: Re: GH1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:30 am 

Bri wrote:
Has anyone had a problem with the strap eyelet pulling from the body of the GH1

Yup, this design/build flaw was noted by a few people on DVX User when the camera was first released.

Don't know if it's still covered under warranty. But even if it is, if your GH1 is currently hackable, note that there have been reports of cameras being sent in for repair coming back with the latest NON-hackable firmware installed.

If it were me, I'd make sure nothing is rattling around inside the body and just live with it. (And maybe buy a wrist strap or something.)

Sorry - Mark

P.S. Gordon, good to hear the problem's been fixed on the GH2. Can't wait for your review!