Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DMC GH2 newbie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:37 pm 
I just bought myself a GH2 system as a present. My last full system was a Konica film SLR system with 4 bodies and a multitude of lenses. The GH2 is silver body with 7-14, 14-42, 45-200, 45 mm Leica DG for macro and Panasonic flash.

I've already gotten some really nice shots of the cats despite my clumsiness with the camera. Which brings me to the reason I'm here. I HATE the manual. For example, I've somehow got the histogram showing in IA mode and cannot turn it off. Is there some other means of seeing how this camera works other than by pulling my hair out reading this manual?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:40 pm 

Just read the manual, take your time and have your camera in the other hand... The histogram should be turned off by pressing the DISP button. Or, in the SETUP menu, histogram could be turned on.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:46 pm 
Yeah, I've been doing that for the past few days. The directions in the manual for navigating to certain menus is either wrong, so poorly phrased I can't understand it or, most likely, I've lost many more neurons than I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 pm 

Haha, I can understand what you mean, I got an FZ28 myself :wink:

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:31 pm 
I have long wondered why huge companies like panasonic won't hire a good editor/writer to clean up their manuals. Surely the english speaking countries alone - the U.S. Canada, the UK, New Zealand, Australia and all other the British commonwealth countries would warrant the hiring of one good translator/ editor. I haven't owned any toshiba for a while, but they used to be terrible.

Greg