Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 am 

hi,
im just wondering if anybody would know of a shop in QLD that may have the Panasonic Lumix DMC- FZ35 at the price that is quoted on this website.. every shop i go into i get quoted $650.00 and when i looked on this site its only like $400.00.. i feel like im going to be ripped off . Im a bit funny buying things over the internet though so im not sure what to do.. If anybody could help it would mean alot to me, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:46 am 
Site Admin

Ash, you have to explain where QLD is.

Please also check the prices at our partner stores on this page:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Affil ... ping.shtml

You can trust all the stores on that page.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:12 am 

QLD is in Australia.. next to NSW..

and arnt they all internet shops... :(

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 am 

i just looked at that link and for Australia there is only ebay and i wouldnt trust buying a camera from ebay as i have had some difficulties with the site in the past.. any other ideas would be great though..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:37 am 

Bricks and mortar shops generally don't usually come close to competing with Internet prices, so if you want low prices you might have to abandon the "QLD" requirement, . There are a vast array of prices in Australia (see http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz35-price-191936.html). But once you are there, add in the filter by state and watch what happens if you limit yourself to Queensland.

Real shops charge way more. Ted's cameras on Adelaide St in Brisbane are offering you their idea of a bargan at AUD$599.95

It is usually not hard to find the reputation of an online store. Take sensible precautions and deal with trustworthy people in places where you can apply remedies if things go wrong.

Like Australia, NZ has relatively few companieswho are partners win Gordon's excellent web site. However, you can overcome your paranoia and trade with some of the well known international names on there. I bought a nice lens form B&H New York. I see that they will ship you the camera for about USD$362.00 They treated me well and supplied a good product.

Post subject: Price of FZ35
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:15 pm 

All the websites I have seen are quoting FZ35 at around $329.00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:18 pm 

It's an international forum Papa6 ... so to clarify, are you talking USD or some other currency? And did that include freight to Australia which is of course necessary for a photographer from QLD? B&H price was USD$299 and I added the $61 freight charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:28 pm 

I saw it for sale for a really good price + shipping at a place called B&H photo. (It was on the web) Anyone know of the reputation of this site? Would it be OK to buy from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:51 pm 

B&H photo is one of the big, reputable stores.
It's also a partner store here at Camera Labs: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Affil ... ping.shtml
If you buy your gear using this link (or through one of the links for other partner-shops) you get the same price as from a normal visit and you support Camera Labs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:54 pm 

I concur with Thomas's comments. I highly recommend B&H! Ordered by FZ100 and several accessories from B&H. They've been very responsive to all my questions. Support Camera Labs by linking to the site from this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:58 pm 

Thanks very much!
I did some further research and have decided that I will indeed buy from B&H. (And I'll link from the cameralabs website!)