Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:37 pm 

Thought I would share this link. This Windows plug in allows you to view .RW2 raw files from your Panasonic cameras in Windows Explorer or Photo Gallary just like a JPEG. There are some limitation, like speed and lack of 64bit OS support, but it should be helpful for finding the RAW file you want to work on if you don't know the exact file number without using PhotoFUN software or opening multiple files in SilkyPix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:09 pm 

thankyou for the link. I am sure it will be useful. I'm just about to purchase the GH1 (once I have decided which is the best place to buy it from)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:44 pm 

Hi
Has anyone got this file uploaded anywhere, Panasonic don't seem to have it on their site anymore?

Raw-CodecV1L100-Eng.exe

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm 

I would like to give a warning to anyone who is considering installing this codec. The following are based on my own experience.

When you have a whole lot of raw files in your card/camera connected via USB or card reader, and open up windows explorer and view the items as thumbnails (which would be one of the main advantages of installing the codec, native viewing) it's gonna cause the explorer window to freeze up until windows caches every one of the RW2 files in the folder you're viewing. This can take quite a long time if you have a lot of files, even with the fastest USB card readers and SDHC cards.

Even a filled up 4GB card can take up to 5 minutes to fully cache for thumbnail view.