Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FZ38 CHEAPER
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:46 am 

I just noticed over the last couple of days the FZ 38 coming down in price presumably at the impending arrival of the FZ 100 in the next couple of weeks. Quick question is the FZ 100 that much better than the 38 & is it worth waiting for??? Are there that many differences apart from the rotating LCD screen or am I just being to simplistic??? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:22 am 
I've read some things about burst speed.

That said, I got my FZ35 on sale and am pretty happy with it -- though the learning curve for the most extreme photography I'm trying to do (skateboard, which requires wide angle, and tennis, requiring a long lens) is pretty long *sigh*.

So you may just want to google "FZ100" and "reviews", since it's so new a lot of the "official" sites don't have reviews on it yet.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:56 am 

It's very good for your money to buy an outdated camera. I bought mine FZ28 when the FZ38 was out for long. Was the FZ28 bad when the FZ38 was announced? No. Does the FZ38 take better pictures, probably not because you have to take the photo, not the camera. Id save the money for a nice camera bag, extra accu etc.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies