Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: TZ10 picture quality
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:55 pm 
Does the TZ10 deliver a better overall photo image quality than the HX5V?

I see that cameras like Sony HX5V and Nikon P100 have some new features to better handle night/dim light shots, like Twilight Handheld, etc. And also, features such as HDR mode that are supposed to deliver better image quality under low light (with less noise, etc) better exposure and so on.

I know this is not a dSLR and so on, but at this moment I am really no looking for a dSLR... :-)

Does the TZ10 (or maybe the FZ35) have any features that would be similar to these features found on backlight CMOS from Sony and Nikon?

Also, which image stabilization is better these days on point and shoot cameras? Panasonic's Power IOS, Sony SteadyShoot or Nikon VR?

Tks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

emfronza, please see the results and gallery pages of my TZ10 and HX5 reviews - there's lots of comparisons there.

On the forst pages of each review you'll also see stabilisation tests and info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:45 pm 
I checked out the TZ10, as I was considering it as a replacement for my 5 year old Panasonic super zoom. One issue I discovered was that, when I held the camera in my right hand. most of the controls at the back of the camera were hidden behind the palm of my hand. this issue may not apply for you. The old adage still held true...try before you buy. Did I purchased a TZ10? No! It didn't felt comfortable in my hands. I probably purchase another super zoom.