Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:14 am 
Site Admin

Hmmm, it certainly sounds feasible! Let us know how you get on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, I've just finished my HD video demo of the TZ10 / ZS7 here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panas ... w_HD.shtml

(Sorry it took so long to finish! I hope you find it useful...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:47 am 

Thanks Gordon!
Nice :P

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:13 am 
im still waiting my extra lens(ebay) to test :P

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:16 pm 
Panasonic propose to provide a hybrid camera (take pictures and film), but needs to solve a serious problem of focus variation when used in video mode. It happens during the filming when the zoom (in/out) is used and when the object moves in the scene (when is not fully stopped in front of the camera). The focus suffers these variations generate a video with an unpleasant look (as if it were filmed with a cheap camera), and it happens very often, even in daylight. I have FZ35 and suffers the same problem.

Cheers,

Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:36 pm 
I envy your FZ35. I only have ZS3 and ZR3 on order coming soon.
I think their HD video feature is very good considering that it's basically P&S camera. Panasonic is doing pretty well in this area. Yes, the auto-focus is hunting a little when panning, zooming. HD camcorder is definitely better at this. But their still photo is too poor to be hybrid camera I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:37 pm 
Hello !

Does not have that feeling for FZ35, for sure, exist cameras from other brands much better. Focus is essential, is not acceptable to poor performance of Panasonic. I'm not talking about a eventual failure of focus, but a constant variation, it is unacceptable for a product should be first line.

Cheers,

Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:41 pm 
Hi, thanks for the video links.

I just saw them, but for some reason it didn't play back very smoothly on my computer with some jerky freezing at times. But I could see some slow auto-focus while zooming in to close objects. But still hard to tell if that was due to slow playing back on that video link or camera. My ZS3 didn't look that slow or jerky on auto-focus but it was taken mostly outdoors. Actually I felt pretty good on auto-focus. Maybe I should try that to close objects indoors like you did. Are you using continuous focus on or off in your FZ35? That would make difference in auto-focus speed when zooming.

If you compare it to HD camcorder, no P&S would win on auto-focus performance. But compared to other P&S brands, Panny's video is pretty good I think. If you disagree on that, which brand does better on P&S video filming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:22 pm 
Hi jinwons ! Yes, I am using continuous focus.
I am from Brazil and I paid for my FZ35 at fnac shopping R$ 2.129,00 (with taxes) + extended guarantee R$ 170,00 per two years.
Total: R$ 2.299,00 = US$ 1.242,00
I think Sony HX5 is superior and much more cheap. Here in Brazil I can buy for R$ 1.400,00 ( US$ 756,00) with 1 year guarantee.
Really I am not happy with FZ35.

Cheers,
Carlos

ps: I think that not good write about others brands here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:46 pm 
Hi cameks,

I don't know how FZ35's video auto-focus performs relative to ZS3 since I don't have it. But I am happy with ZS3's video performance as it's the best among P&S cameras that I owned so far.

If you think about getting HX5V, you'd better beware that its still photo performance won't be as good except for HHT, AMB modes for night shots. It will be very good for daytime outdoor video for sure, but for dim indoors or night Panny's ZS7 works even better. Mikemultimedia on Sony forum here did very good video comparison analysis of these cameras, which you can find on the link below. To me, ZS7 looks better even for daytime except for light streaks from Sun, but all CCD based camera has that and I can live with that.

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21413

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:54 pm 
Hi jinwons !

Thanks for url, I will read.

Cheers,

Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm 
Hi cameks,

I looked at your video links again. This time it played back fine. It looks like you were zooming in and out on very close object. The zoom speed of FZ35 seems faster than ZS3 from your video.
Under such condition, I suspect than even HD camcorders would have some auto-focus response time like that. Close objects are harder to focus on in any P&S camera. That's why they have macro mode. Have you tried it outdoor with more distances to objects?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, remember this is a thread about the TZ10 / ZS7 - don't let it stray off-topic! If you'd like to discuss the FZ35 / FZ38 or TZ7 / ZS3, please use those threads - thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:08 am 
Hello Gordon, please forgive me for this video (it's about another model, still Panasonic, but same problem and same possible solution)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H-I_D4lLeo

i'm still waiting for the ND8 filter (i don't know if a ND4 is also enough)

IF that works, im going to order the Pemaraal screw ring for TZ10 (TS7)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 pm 
VERTICAL LIGHT-STREAKS PROBLEM (How to Fix - cutting away a good quantity of unwanted lights)

MY FIRST TEST with TZ10-TS7 with :

1: StepUp Ring 37-43mm even 37-46 may be better for light vignetting
2: CIRCULAR POLARIZER Filter (useless?)
3: ND8 Filter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7R7GzpblhE

the video about my FIRST-BASIC tests
:)

enjoy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next