Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 pm 
Hi there,

I'd like to have some TZ7 users opinion. I have bought mine last october just before going to South Africa for holidays.
I have bought the TZ7 because I read a lot of reviews saying the picture quality was very good.

So far I am a bit disappointed. I have taken a lot of sceneries (this also happen with a lot of pictures I take) and a most of them have the same kind of problem:
+ the focus is not prefect, even on the area of focus I find the picture a bit blurred or not that sharp
+ details are not sharp or crisp
+ I find the jpeg compression awful even with user setting set to best quality
I checked the lens and apparently it is clean.

I have also noticed that the focus is far better with closer topics like when taking portrait.

When I saw the pictures on the camera screen they were looking gorgeous but on a computer screen it looks unattractive.
I have compared my pictures with my holidays mates and I think my pictures were less pretty that theirs (knowing they had older compacts).

I know nothing about photography, I just press the button...
I'd like to know if there are some optimal settings to avoid these problems and/or if some people had the same bad experience Or if my camera is not working properly.

Thanks for your help or opinions

PS: perhaps I could upload some pictures but I don't know how

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 am 
Very strange that landscape shots did not come out well, considering that's where the camera excels!.

With regard to showing some samples, the best is that if you have an yahoo account you also get a free flickr account. Upload the images to your flicker account, and then copy the web address (e.g. http://www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/dmc-zs3/) onto this forum so that the members can review your photos and comment.

One possible reason that the photos did not come out well could be due to the wrong selection of the menu. Do you recall the menu option you used or did you use the iAuto mode?

However one thing to remember is that the pictures in the computer can look grainy as that is at full size, and most photos you see on the web are where people have made the photos smaller so you will not notice the grain. If you were to convert the photos to smaller prints they actually may look great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:10 pm 
I have uploaded some pictures at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tzchris/

They were taken with Landscape settings apart one.
Generally speaking I don't find the pictures sharp enough.
Let me know what you think.