Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TZ7 or LX3?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:10 pm 
Hi am a newby and have a DSLR but need a new compact (gave old one to daughter) for motorcycling hols.

A good friend has a TZ7, results seem incredible when I plug his SD card into my 50" Panny TV but I don't think I really need such a big zoom and feel the LX3 should be better for photos.

However the cameralabs online review of the TZ7 seems to link directly to youtube HD whilst the LX3 doesn't and the TZ7 looks better here. Perhaps I'm being a label tart being drawn by the similarity of the LX3 to Leica's D-lux4!

Can you guys help me with my choice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:34 pm 
tz7 is a great camera, but your decision between the LX3 should mainly be based on this. tz7 has no manual controls. LX3 has manual controls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:46 pm 
LX3 is more advanced camera, like bikerag said, it has manual control, it also has hotshoe so you can use it for flash or wireless lighting setup.

I don't know the quality of TZ7, but the LX3's Leica lens delivers excellent image quality in term of details and maximum aperture.