Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:36 am 
My wife and I are in Boston on vacation and I thought this would be a perfect chance to test out my new FZ28. I was taking pictures of some street performers using the normal burst mode (3 pictures at a time) and after taking maybe 20 or so pictures that way the camera stopped responding, no matter if I fully depressed the shutter button or held it halfway down it would neither focus or take a picture. I eventually got it working again and the rest of the day seemed to go fine however i did not use the normal burst mode again. I have barely had this camera a week so i hate to think that something is broken on it. I also cant believe that it would be that easy to overheat the camera. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:08 am 
Are there any other signs that point to overheating? It could just be that the camera has filled the buffer and is unable to do much while it is writing the images to the memory card. Shooting in burst mode would fill the buffer much faster than shooting normally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:27 pm 
It could be, maybe my card is to slow?I am using a 4 GB Kingston SDHC Class 4 card and all pictures are saved to JPEG formated. I formatted the card with the camera.

I have a 4 GB class 6 coming in soon also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, this sounds like it's filled the buffer and is just writing the data to the card - it's frustrating but perfectly normal. Some compacts can take some time to flush the buffer following a burst even with a fast card.