Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:11 am 
Thank you Gordon for a nice and helpful/informal review of the Canon SX200 IS. I am just wondering when the final score is coming out for the TZ7? I recall also that you said something about a possible video tour around the TZ7, are you going to do a video tour?

/PanaFan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Panafan I hope to add the scores for the TZ7 later this week, and you'll see the video early next week I hope...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:52 am 
I thought that despite the sharp 1280 X 720 video, it seemed choppy at times when cars or people are moving thru the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:49 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, I've just uploaded my video review of the TZ7 / ZS3 here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panas ... w_HD.shtml

It includes several clips made with the camera's HD video mode...

Sorry it took a while!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:32 am 
Thanks Gordon!
I'm expecting my TZ7 this evening :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:29 pm 

Great video review, Gordon!

Haven't seen all your videos on every camera but I really liked how you showed face detection in motion with yourself instead of just talking about it. Good idea. Also, that you showed the impressive zoomability of this camera. And it IS impressive!

Was wondering if at around 5:30 mins the lens cover (right word?) had problems closing and if that might have been so because you were holding it in an unusal angle.

Thank you for your good work!

regards,
HTG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Ahem, yes, I wondered who'd spot that first! The battery in the camera ran down mid-filming, and I didn't have time to recharge it before my filming opportunity was over. You'll notice the power switch is ON in the controls segment, but the lens obviously stalled while opening. This wouldn't normally happen - it was a beta camera used in that portion of the video tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:30 pm 
Great review Gordon! As always. Love the HD. This site is basically the only place I go to review cameras.

Some day Panasonic will combine the manual options of the LX3 with the zoom of the ZS3. And on that day my LX3 will be on Ebay.

Anyway, I have no questions, just my thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:23 am 
Gordon Laing wrote:

Sorry it took a while!

Gordon

Hi Gordon, great review!

I have a bottom-line question that will determine whether I go with the ZS3 or the TZ5. If you would offer me your opinion I would greatly appreciate it.

My bottom-line question: Is the image quality of low-light indoor photos taken with the ZS3 superior, the same, or inferior to the image quality of low-light indoor photos taken with the TZ5?

If it is superior, or the same, I will go with the ZS3. If it is inferior, I will go with the TZ5.

Looking forward to your expert opinion!

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Jack Bauer on Sat May 09, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:15 am 

just dropped in to say it's a great (video-) review!
too bad I have a TZ5, the TZ7 is actually tempting... but as mentined before, manual controls and I'd sell it right away :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jack, I can only point you towards the gallery and results pages of both reviews to compare for yourself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:13 am 
I took my TZ7 out for some quick photos yesterday and here are the results:
http://picasaweb.google.com/kumobox/TZ7Tests?feat=directlink

All pics were taken with iA on, the greens are a bit strange in the first photos but overall I'm quite pleased with the camera.
I'm still trying to get used to the positioning of the shutter button as I keep pressing the dial mode, which by the way is not that loose.

Any ideas why the video recording time is set for 8 minutes 20 seconds in mov HD mode while AVCHD is 15 minutes ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:11 am 
Jack, I have both the tz5 and zs3. I would say the zs3 is slightly better for low light. I can take some sample pics if you have a scenario in mind. For me the zs3 was worth the upgrade for the stereo sound & zoom range, my only wish was that they would add full manual controls to it. I often use automatic, set the shutter to a minimum and play with the ISO to get the best results. FYI, if your using this camera for video at all, the tz5 audio is really bad, mine has a constant hiss. zs3 much better but you do get some zoom noise.

Oh, tz5 can also have trouble focusing when its zoomed at 280mm (even in good light). zs3 is clear as a bell at 300mm. I have some side by side pics I will post at some point.

Jon

Jack Bauer wrote:
Gordon Laing wrote:

Sorry it took a while!

Gordon

Hi Gordon, great review!

I have a bottom-line question that will determine whether I go with the ZS3 or the TZ5. If you would offer me your opinion I would greatly appreciate it.

My bottom-line question: Is the image quality of low-light indoor photos taken with the ZS3 superior, the same, or inferior to the image quality of low-light indoor photos taken with the TZ5?

If it is superior, or the same, I will go with the ZS3. If it is inferior, I will go with the TZ5.

Looking forward to your expert opinion!

Jack Bauer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi kumobox, the Motion JPEG recording time is less because the bit rate is higher than AVCHD - it consumes memory quicker. But this also makes it easier to edit on your computer. See my TZ7 review for full details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:39 pm 
Thanks Gordon!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next