Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Panafan, welcome on-board!

As for memory cards, I used a variety with the TZ7, all around the Sandisk Ultra II class. Everything worked fine for normal stills and AVCHD video, but the Motion JPEG HD mode sometimes stalled and demanded a faster card.

Hi TZ2, nope, I had no issues using the shutter release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:17 pm 
Thanks Gordon, good to hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:17 am 
Hi Gordon, i found your review and it's very nice.
I'm watching for this new Pana TZ7 or the Canon SX 200 is.
Going to visit New York in may during one week, i want a smaller camera than my Sony DSC H5.

I bought 7 years ago an Ixus 400 that had great image quality and colors but problem with the zoom (impossible to close)
3 years ago i bought a Bridge Sony DSC H5 because of the small Ixus Zoom (x3) and easier to use and less expensive than a 350D.

In fact i always used it in automatic mode and it makes great photos but... but it 's a bit heavy when visiting and walking all day in city (great experience las year in San Francisco).

So i'm searching for a good Camera, as compact as my first Ixus and with a great Zoom as my DSC H5 and both Pana TZ7 or Canon SX 200 is could be what i'm searching for.

Some questions :

What is the delay between 2 Shots in auto mode when the Flash is ON ?
For me it's a little boring to wait for a lot of seconds during 2 shots, especially when making shots indoor in special occasions (birthdays, christmas) and my 3 years old daughter don't wait after my flash !

Can you take some sample shots by night in order to see the noise or blur effect ? I had a lot of difficulty last year with my DSC H5 to have good shots in Las Vegas by night taking by hand (no tripod)

Have you planned to make a fight between these 2 cameras ?
- Differences zoom in and out and the same place to see the difference in 25 / 28 mm and 300 / 336 mm ?
- shots at the same place and moment in order to see the differences in colors and autofus by day and by night.
- Shot somebody outside by night when falsh is on to see if the background is still visible and not all black

Thanks a lot, i hope my english has been understood.
Douglas from France

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Douglas, welcome on-board! Yes, I will be testing the SX200 IS, and I hope to get the TZ7 / ZS3 back in for a head-to-head - but that depends on Panasonic of course!

I have several low light / high ISO shots in my high ISO results page and the sameple images page.

As for the flash recycle time, I didn't time it, but found it was ok for the first couple of shots, but if you keep firing off constantly, it could prove too slow for you. I think you'd need to test that in a shop for yourself to see if it suits you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:33 pm 
Gordon, was the mode dial slack?
Ive just watched a video review on another site and the reviewer said and demonstrated that the mode dial was incredibly slack.
Did you find this to be the case?
The mode dial on my TZ2 is very rigid.

Thankyou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

Yes it is quite loose and I did find it could sometimes turn between positions when you take it out a pocket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:41 pm 
Can"t believe Panasonic have overlooked this.
The other bloke said that it can be knocked out of position when you go to press the shutter release.
Bad news indeed.

You would have thought common sense would have told the designers/engineers to make the dial more taught as its so near the shutter release button.

If an idiot like me can think of this why can"t highly paid technical people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:35 am 
Site Admin

I should say that while it is a bit loose, I never personally found it an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 pm 
Thats reassuring, Gordon.
Thankyou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:20 pm 

Gordon Laing wrote:
Yes it is quite loose and I did find it could sometimes turn between positions when you take it out a pocket.

Hi Gordon,
Thank you once more for the TZ7 review.
Tomorrow I'll have in my hands the TZ7 as Friday starts the Photoshow exhibition here in Milan. After tomorrow I'll leave for one week holiday in the Red Sea but on my return I shoul probably have the TZ7 for one day test (only still pics as I'm not interested at all at the video). I'll inform you about my thoughts .
Best
Cesare

PS When you have 5 minutes could you please check if it's possible to see my pictures (pls note that they are not a masterpices but only some 20x30 cm prints that I have photographed with my old Casio 1000)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cesare20038/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Cesare, yep, your link to flickr works and you've got some nice photos there! I particularly like the one of the fish on a stick!

If you'd like to post images direct from flickr in a message, we have instructions in the General Comments section.

Good luck with your TZ7 and we look forward to hearing what you think of it!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 pm 
One Question on the zs3. Can you take a picture while filming in HD?? I had my hands on the canon sx1 for a bit and you could take a picture while taking video, but the video paused for a few seconds so the function was pretty use-free..

I have the tz5 and cant wait to upgrade, mainly for the stereo mic. I just wish they would add manual controls!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:20 pm 
That old Casio works well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi bikerag, welcome on-board - sadly you can't take photos while filming video...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:45 pm 
Gordon,how did the TZ7 fare in the barrel/pincushion distortion stakes.
I imagine there would be a bit at the 25mm end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next