Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:45 am 
Hi everybody!
I love my Pana FZ28 so much but I can't get any good macro shot ! Please tell me what I can do to get a great macro photo with my FZ28?
Thank !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:12 am 
Sorry, I am not familiar with the camera but does it have a dedicated macro setting? If so you should try this first. Use a tripod if possible to avoid camera shake and make sure your subject is well lit. Use the LCD screen to adjust focus to the point you want it.
Make sure your subject is screened from any wind to avoid subject movement if possible or if this is not possible use a higher shutter speed in shutter priority mode.
I hope all this helps a bit, if not, I am sure some dedicated Panasonic user can offer more advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:33 pm 
I'd say ask or better yet search on a Flickr z28 group.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/793920@N24/

A sample would be good...

What settings are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:17 am 
I have a FZ28 and have no problems with either Auto or Macro selection in both cases Macro can be achieved and by default antishake is enabled.

Just what problems are you having? What are you expecting?

Here are some shots I have taken, not all are Macro but one is 1cm from the lense (a test shot)
http://picasaweb.google.com/davmax60/AustralianFlowers#

See also this link: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13175

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:57 am 
I just posted some new macros with the FZ28. This time I used a +2 close up lens.

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtop ... 665#110665

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:56 pm 
Thank you very much. But my problem is I can't find out an adaptor DMW-LA3 for use with close-up lens (I looked for any way in asean ). I intend to try to make myself a tube like this DMW-LA3 but I don't know exactly it's dimension.
Do you tell me the dimension of DMW-LA3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:07 pm 
chacchet wrote:
Thank you very much. But my problem is I can't find out an adaptor DMW-LA3 for use with close-up lens (I looked for any way in asean ). I intend to try to make myself a tube like this DMW-LA3 but I don't know exactly it's dimension.

I am using the Hoya close up filter that screws on the end of the camera lens, no need for adapter. But if you plan to use a Raynox lens, then you will need the DMW-LA3 adapter. I am not sure about the dimensions of the adapter. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

You can either set the focusing mode to Macro (indicated by a flower icon) or switch it to iA mode and it'll automatically select macro when placed close to a subject. It's all in the manual!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:29 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
You can either set the focusing mode to Macro (indicated by a flower icon) or switch it to iA mode and it'll automatically select macro when placed close to a subject. It's all in the manual!

Thank you very much. But when I place my cameras very close to the subject then it appear a problem of lighting and bokeh look not good.

Last edited by chacchet on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 pm 
rcheng99 wrote:
chacchet wrote:

I am using the Hoya close up filter that screws on the end of the camera lens, no need for adapter. But if you plan to use a Raynox lens, then you will need the DMW-LA3 adapter. I am not sure about the dimensions of the adapter. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help. In VN cameras shop don't have any accessory for Panasonic! I try to make myself an adaptor and will tell you my result. Wait for me, please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:07 pm 
rcheng99 wrote:
I just posted some new macros with the FZ28. This time I used a +2 close up lens.

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtop ... 665#110665

Your macro pictures were amazing.

Panasonic FZ28 was better image than my Canon powershot SX110. :(

Pana. FZ28 's HD video was better and bigger than my canon ... :(

Now I am interesting to buy in panasonic FZ28..after I read people wrote review on other website. Wow! They said lot of PROS and None of CONs..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:35 pm 
I find that the auto focus on my FZ28 doesn't like to work very well near its minimum focal length. When I take Macro shots, I generally just put it in aperture priority and use the manual focus.

Yes, you want good lighting, and keep in mind that when you're close to the subject the camera itself will obscure light. But that's the great thing about macro shots - you can set them up however you want, control the light, and no one would ever know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:45 pm 
TheMightyGoat wrote:
I find that the auto focus on my FZ28 doesn't like to work very well near its minimum focal length. When I take Macro shots, I generally just put it in aperture priority and use the manual focus.

Yes, you want good lighting, and keep in mind that when you're close to the subject the camera itself will obscure light. But that's the great thing about macro shots - you can set them up however you want, control the light, and no one would ever know.

I agree that manual focus is the way to go when taking macro shots. Because of the shallow dof, you need precise focus.

Btw, I returned the Hoya closeup filters and got a Raynox macro lens instead. The difference is night and day. I just posted some shots I took with it. I highly recommend it.

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13935

RC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:08 am 
Chacchet,

Here are two macro shots I took with my un-aided FZ28. I'm waiting for my Raynox 250 to aid these types of shots further.

They were both taken in aperture priority and manual focus.

(Edited for selective color.)

(No modifications - just resized.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:50 am 
TheMightyGoat wrote:
Chacchet,

Here are two macro shots I took with my un-aided FZ28. I'm waiting for my Raynox 250 to aid these types of shots further.

They were both taken in aperture priority and manual focus.

(Edited for selective color.)

(No modifications - just resized.)

Nice shots there. Was it hard to keep the eye still?