Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 am 
The replacement for the FZ28 will be due later this year and assuming Panasonic continue the FZ tag and the numbering system i guess its likely to be called the FZ38.

The question I have is, is micro four thirds technology likely to find itself into a fixed lens bridge camera?

If it does it could be the most exciting development in the compact bridge market for many years.

Those of you with more technological knowledge than me will be able to say if its feasible or not.

If Panasonic did go down this route would it not make the GH1 somewhat obselete, unless of course you enjoy changing lenses etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:24 am 
Yes it would make the G1 and GH1 obsolete so I don't think they will do it. Also, as you can see from the pictures, a super-zoom lens for a DSLR sensor will be considerably larger than the FZ28's lens.