Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:10 pm 
Hi, guys.
I am thinking about buying camera. I have chosen pany fz28, but is it worh to do it now? maybe upgrade will come in few months and I should wait? what do you think?
also, can anyone tell about price differences of cameras in germany and greece?
thaks for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:58 pm 

Hi mantsm,

May I wish you a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forum.

Our "Buying a new camera..." section is intended for those who haven't decided on the brand so as you've decided on a Panasonic I've moved your thread over to that section. But I've also left a shadow behind so you can find it... 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:03 am 
Thanks, Bob for nice welcome and explanation.
This forum looks, like I nice place :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:45 pm 

I havn't tried out Panzy's new Fz28 but I am the former owner of the Fz8 and i love it.

When will the next generation be released? If it is not that long of a wait, then i would hold off... The next fz28 replacement will probably just have more features. The IQ I dont think can be improved much unless they give it a bigger sensor.

I didn't find the IQ improved a whole lot from FZ8 to FZ18 to FZ28. Panasonic just gave it slightly better optics each generation. They all suffer from the same noise problem at ISO 400 and above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:21 pm 
Whatever camera you buy it will be replaced by a newer model in a relatively short time. The pace of development and the strength of the competition's new model releases sees to that. Sooner or later you have to grasp the nettle and buy the model that meets your needs and not worry too much about the next hot model to come out. We would never buy anything if we kept waiting for the next upgrade! Whenever a model is new it commands a premium price. Like buying computers, sometimes it is best to wait for the new model then buy the older one at a discounted price. For example the Nikon D300 is rumoured to be replaced soon. I recently bought one for £900 when the RRP is still about £1,300. Maybe if I had waited a bit longer until the new model is released I could have got the D300 even cheaper but with the exchange rates going the way they are and the recent Nikon price increases I was not about to wait any longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:04 pm 
I don't own a FZ28, but played with it in stores all the time. I think it's a great camera. If you really like the FZ28, I would just get that. Like someone else said, new gear will come out every so many months with more features. You will be second guessing yourself to death if you keep waiting for the "next great thing" to come out. If you like the FZ28, the best reason for waiting until the next model is released, is that the price of the FZ28 should drop after the new model is released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:13 pm 
I think z28 is a solid camera... (I would seriously buy the z18 if it had zoom video)

Personally I'm waiting - deciding...

next model is probably near the end of the year, the new oly is 26x...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:15 pm 
It's possible that the "upgrade" may be worse. The competition to increase pixels and zoom may have a negative effect on picture quality, who knows?