Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:34 am 
Hi,

I just got my brand new FZ28. I started taking some indoors photos around the house using iA mode (using flash) and the results were pretty disappointing - some were smeared, some had granularity and some were just too dark.

Is the ia mode not suitable for indoor photos? what settings do you suggest to try to get better results in these low light conditions?

Thanks,
Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:04 pm 
Hi Ian,

No non-dslr will provide you with a decent indoor photo, except for the more expensive Fuji that is better on higher iso due to the larger sensor.

I get more then ok images for indoors but you have to take several 'precautions'.

1) I always use 'P' mode instead of iA mode when I use the flash indoors.
The reason is that I can lower the iso value to 100 and I have full control over the camera.
Lower iso = lower noise but shutter times go up so make sure you have a steady hand and non moving objects

2) It depends on the distance between the camera and the object.
In a large room the build in flash is not enough to lite up the whole room .
Personaly I would buy a dslr for this with an external flash but it will cost alot more, nearly twice the price of a FZ28 and not as portable

I took the following pictures with the build in flash
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/l.peeters/Kerst2008#