Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:13 pm 
Hello fellas
I have problem with my brand new Dmc-tz5 and I seek for help, cause I am not very skilled with digital cameras.
I had bought it along with 4 GB SDHC class 6 Kingston memory and first moment everything go well. But when I started to test HD motion picture recording (16:9, 30 fps) after few second the camera always displays a warning message and stop recording. message: "The recording of motion picture stop due to the limitation of writing speed of memory card".
I had browsed many forums and reviews about tz5 and usable memory cards and SDHC have to work well.
Does anybody have similar problem or experience with issue like this??
Many thanks for any comment or suggestions about my problem....F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:30 pm 
did u buy ur camera from newegg?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:36 am 
No I didn´t . I bought it from internet shop(regular firm/company) in my country...
What´s the newegg?? It says nothing to me :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:19 am 
Oh sorry i did not clarify earlier. newegg is a website offering free 4gb card. I was wondering if their cards where defective. Coming back to ur problem - I read in the manual that any card above 2 gb has to SDHC. Is urs SDHC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:39 am 
Yes it is SDHC,It is why I bought it after the reading of manual...
Experienced friend telling me of slow writing speed of card , but it s one of the newest Kingston SDHC mc, so I don´t know why it doesn´t work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:09 pm 
A class 6 card should be fast enough so the error suggests the card is not performing to its specifications. You should contact the supplier of the card and tell him about it. Any decent supplier should accept the card is not functioning properly and should agree to exchange it or take it back. Perhaps best to exchange it for a different brand in case Kingston has produced a bad batch.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:08 am 
Thanks Ben , I have already contacted supplier and they will exchange the card. I hope it will work properly.
One more question.....Which card and with what writing speed are you using??? Very thanks....F

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:18 pm 
Hi Fffilip! (my first post here)

I can't really comment on Panasonic DMC TZ5 specific but a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 has no problem with the 8GB Kingston Class 6 Memory, that is HD recording works as advertised.

http://www.dustinhome.se/DisplayImage.a ... eID=389953

... and there shouldn't be a write speed difference between Kingston Class 6 SDHC 4GB and Kingston Class 6 SDHC 8GB.

So my guess is; your first mem card had a fault and the new one will work properly. I hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:05 pm 
I don't have a TZ5 but the issue about card speed and video on the TZ5 has come up before here on the forum which is why I know about it.

Glad to hear your supplier is cooperating. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:58 pm 
Just been chatting to my bruv who is thinking about buying tz5. I use 8gb sandisk ultraII and kinston class 6 2mb. Both work fine, although I needed to d/l a file to get my of to show it proprly.