Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: my mistake !
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:02 pm 

Hi, I'm an old owner of some Panasonic TZ , the last one is the TZ7. Last year for my anniversary I bought the Sony HX9V (because of the better range vs my TZ7 and also for the GPS ) , not bad at all but when my son was in New York last may I asked him to buy the Fuji F900EXR (as in New York this camera was available at quite low cost). This is my mistake ; the quality of the shots is worse than my Sony . Now after the review that I have read in Cameralabs I'm thinking to buy the new Panasonic TZ40 .
The question is : as I'm not rich enough to spend money just for the pleasure my question is : Will the TZ40 be better as regards the final quality of the shots (I'm not interested to video) than my Sony ?
Thank you
Cesare :oops:

Post subject: Re: my mistake !
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:05 am 

Please be aware that double posting is not allowed here. I removed your duplicate thread.

- Bjorn

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:50 am 

OK noted, (also if I do not share your tone, my military service ended years ago...) . Anyway you haven't replied so I deduce that you are just a controller not an photography expert.
take care dear mkt mng
C.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:13 pm 

Hi there,

Firstly Bjorn is definitely a photography expert. Take a look at his portfolio...and check out his camera :D

Secondly, regarding the initial question and taking into a count some of the other topics I have seen you posting (especially the one regarding bokeh on compact cameras) have you considered a DSLR? The TZ40 in the UK goes for £230 on Amazon but one of the entry level DSLRs such as the Canon 1100D goes for £270. Whilst this is an entry level DSLR you should be able to achieve some great images and bokeh. I have used the included 18-55mm lens with a similar standard camera and the results are miles apart from any compact/bridge camera I have ever used.

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:28 am 

Hi James , Thank you for your message .
I agree with you as regards the DSLR vs the compact camera but you have to know that for many many years I used travel (mostly in Black Africa) with 15 Kilos of equipments: Some of my last travels with all these tools were in Tanzania - Guinea Bissau – Pakistan and North Ethiopia : 2 Eos bodies (analogic) Eos 50 E and Eos 30 E + 24/85 ultrasonic + 28mm + 28/135 Ultrasonic + 75/300 ultrasonic + various gear.
After these travels I realize that I was a like a porter not a photographer : I spent all my time to decide wich camera, which lens and no time to enjoy my trip and share time with my wife. I decided to sell all this equipment (for less that 850 Euro) and I re- started with a small digital camera to put in my shirt pocket.
As you probably know it’s not the number of camera’s bodies or the number of lenses that authorize to say “I am a good photograher or a Photography expert“ – if so all the rich people that can buy the best products in the market will be part of Magnum agency and work for National Geographic.
Let me also explain my thought about the judgement of the picture quality . Years ago (1996) I decided for the first and last time, to participate at the Canon Eos contest organized by the English review for the Canon Eos users. I was classified third over thousand of competitors but frankly speaking many other pictures were better than mines . (my picture was due at a really lucky moment when during the sunset in Huacachina oasis in Perù I saw two persons walking in one sand dune and one bird was flying over their heads)
Finally , I know that the “famous” bokeh is easy with a DSLR but frankly I rather prefere to have my camera in my shirt pocket and forget the bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 am 

Cesare wrote:
Anyway you haven't replied so I deduce that you are just a controller not an photography expert.

A quick assumption that I will partially refute. I will be the first to admit I am not a camera expert. The reason I did not answer your question is that I know close to nothing about the camera models you mentioned, and my advice would thus be of little value to you. Ask me about street photography or Leica cameras and I can be of more assistance to you. Also, yes, I am moderator of this board and I like keeping it clean.

- Bjorn

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux