Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: evolt 510
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:44 am 
Hello,

I have recently purchased a olympus evolt 510. I am still learning the various options available with the camera. I have experienced some problems that maybe someone will be able to assist me with.

1) Taking pictures at night is almost impossible.
2) Taking pictures in doors is frustrating as well. At times I'm waiting 15 second for a picture to be taken this is correlated with the flash.

It is possible that I do not have the proper settings in place. I would appreciate if someone could help me resolve these issues.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:49 am 
Site Admin

Hi JPW, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

If you'd like to take better night photos - or simply learn more about your DSLR - then check out the tutorials on our sister site www.dslrtips.com.

That 15 second delay doesn't sound right though. Are you accidentally using the self-timer? Can you tell us all the settings, and also if you're using xD memory?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:15 am 
what are the specific problems you are encountering?

i am not having any difficulty shooting at night, or indoors...
the only thing though, when shooting indoors, make sure you adjust your white balance properly

Post subject: Re: evolt 510
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:47 am 

jpw wrote:
Hello,

I have recently purchased a olympus evolt 510. I am still learning the various options available with the camera. I have experienced some problems that maybe someone will be able to assist me with.

1) Taking pictures at night is almost impossible.
2) Taking pictures in doors is frustrating as well. At times I'm waiting 15 second for a picture to be taken this is correlated with the flash.

It is possible that I do not have the proper settings in place. I would appreciate if someone could help me resolve these issues.

Thanks,

Hello jpw,

Just to answer you question, the E510 it not a camera thats meant to be used straight out of the box unfortunately. There will be a lot of customising you will need to do to get the quality you are looking for.

To take picutres in low light, make sure you adjust the Exposure compensation up a notch or two (I keep mine at +0.3 or +0.7 EV)

To avoid the flash Auto Focus, turn it off in the Menu (Its called Flash AF, or AF Lamp) and select off.

Hope this helps... and believe me, low light is still really good on the E510. Just gotta plan your shots right.... cant really shoot Auto or P on an E510.

Good luck,
Leo

4) Leica M [50mm Summicron Pre-aspherical - Silver]

http://www.poetproductions.net