I have recently purchased a olympus evolt 510. I am still learning the various options available with the camera. I have experienced some problems that maybe someone will be able to assist me with.
1) Taking pictures at night is almost impossible.
2) Taking pictures in doors is frustrating as well. At times I'm waiting 15 second for a picture to be taken this is correlated with the flash.
It is possible that I do not have the proper settings in place. I would appreciate if someone could help me resolve these issues.
Just to answer you question, the E510 it not a camera thats meant to be used straight out of the box unfortunately. There will be a lot of customising you will need to do to get the quality you are looking for.
To take picutres in low light, make sure you adjust the Exposure compensation up a notch or two (I keep mine at +0.3 or +0.7 EV)
To avoid the flash Auto Focus, turn it off in the Menu (Its called Flash AF, or AF Lamp) and select off.
Hope this helps... and believe me, low light is still really good on the E510. Just gotta plan your shots right.... cant really shoot Auto or P on an E510.
1) Olympus OM1 [Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f/1.8]
2) Pentax MZ-60 [Sigma 28-90 & 100-300]
3) Canon 7D [EF-S 15-85 & 70-200mm f/4 IS & 50mm f1.4]
4) Leica M [50mm Summicron Pre-aspherical - Silver]http://www.poetproductions.net