Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: getting a flash
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:12 am 
i need a flash, and im think the FL-36

anyone have any other suggestions? is the FL-50 significantly better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:22 am 
I just got the FL-36R version at beachcamera for 175 USD, it turned out to be 5 dollars cheaper than the FL-36 version due to the instand mfr instand rebate, so why not. Even if my camera is not wireless compatible lol. I don't find the recharge rate to be all that bad, just use some good batteries, I used Duracells 2700 mah NiMH.

Ergonomics was also important to me, as I held my sister in law's 400D/XTi with the 430ex flash, and it seemed very top heavy. To the point that prolonged use made my hand started cramping. On the E-510 with the FL-36R on the other hand, it feels very well balanced and I can hold the camera all day long in comfort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:51 am 
For how much I use the flash (not that much) the fl-36 suits me fine. It's small and compact, but has all the manual controls you could want. Only slight issue is the recharge speed, but decent batteries do help, and I'm never in that much of a rush!