Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:46 am 
According to the manual, it just shifts a fixed shutter and aperature value, or so I understand. When I was playing with it today, I saw no difference on the info in the LCD. Or even by shooting, so what does it do and for what situations would one use it for??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:03 am 
Using it one way should widen the aperture and make the sutter speed faster and using it the other should make the aperture narrower and the shutter speed slower. You would use it, for instance, if you wanted to increase or decrease the depth of field or change the shutter speed for capturing movement without changing the overall exposure. It is basically a simple substitute for the aperture and shutter priority modes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:42 pm 
Imagine a straight line graph where the aperture represent one axis while the shutter is another. You can change the shutter speed or aperture by choosing a different point on the graph but the gradient(exposure) will never change.

If you were to choose aperture/shutter priority, the camera will never deviate from your chosen aperture or shutter setting even if means an overexposed or underexposed shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:59 pm 
Gotcha, thanks guys. The thing that got me though is that it didn't reflect the change on the LCD info, so was just wondering. Example, aiming at the same subject on the same condition, it would say 1/1.3 F4.5 and would stay that way no matter which way I turn the wheel.