Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:12 pm 
Last week while on my way to a local lake i decided to stop off in Wigan town center to pick up some food from Subways

Anyroad cut a long story short when i got back to my car the back side window had been smashed and my rucksack which had all my camera stuff init was nicked basically all you see in my sig so disheartened by having my stuff nicked i nearly pack in photography all together.

What worst is thou my camera equipment wasn't covered by any insurance silly really as i was thinking about taking some out.

So now instead of going though the pain of buying it all again I've decided to go down a different route & give the Olympus E-510 ago, because after reading reviews it seem a nifty little DSLR.

So i bought the E-510 with the 14-42mm for £362 new, which should be here tomorrow thing is thou more i read about the more i can't wait to actually go test it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:50 pm 
Thats a bummer of a story.... I hope you didnt have any important pictures on there......

My camera equipment is covered by home content insurace here thankfully.

You will definatly enjoy the e-510 ..... i researched for months before purchase and it came out on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:38 pm 
Dude Bummer! thats really bad man! I cant understand why the would go throigh all the effort, i have learn that lession from previous experiences and dont leave antyhing in the car these days cant really trust anyone

U had quite the setupup there, shame its all gone

I hope you enjoy the Olympus, grea kit lens so i have heard! but still it shouldnt be like this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:53 pm 

Hey Ste,
So sorry about your camera. Be assured though, you'll be doing great with the oly E510 as well! good luck getting back in the game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:24 am 
Real bummer there..I remember once when my uncle had his camera stolen..!

I recently got an E-510 myself and its a really good camera...the best part being how light it weighs! Really easy to carry it around...My one huge disappointment with the camera has been the lens kit...the 'split' between 14-42 and 40-150 is really a pain in the butt! I was considering the 18-180 to replace the kit lenses...But for all general purposes I think this is a wonderful camera...but there is a need to 'tune' it up with all the settings before you can shoot..but the results are really great...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:25 am 

Really sorry to hear that mate... Good luck with the new camera though. I hope you wont be dissapointed with it.

Almost had my Film SLR stolen when I was in high school.... left it on the seats at the station and it was gone when I jumped off the train to look for it. Then the station guard tapped me on the shoulder wondering if it was mine.... thankfully he happened to be looking at one of the cameras at the time... or maybe lookin at me cause it was post 9/11 I had a full beard, a large backpack and a camera case. (whats worse was that I left it on the seat and got on the train just as rush hour entered the station...)

Leo

4) Leica M [50mm Summicron Pre-aspherical - Silver]

http://www.poetproductions.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:39 pm 
Well decided to invest in both the 40-150mm lens & the Olympus FL-36 Flashgun after a few days with this camera and getting use to all it features im really impressed with it.

Considering it around the price of a 400D it has alot more features.

Also love the spot metering options on the E-510

Im now a Olympus convert for life 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:19 pm 

Have fun with your new camera. I think it's a great camera and the price is right.
Over here the 400D is € 529,- including 18-55 lens. The E510 is € 509,- including 14-42 lens. The real bargain is the E510 with 14-42 and 40-150 for € 595,-