Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: four thirds system
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:39 am 
(this is posted in buying a new camera forum as well, just wanted to get the most possible responses)

Hey everyone...
just wanted to say first off, this site is a great resource for my dslr research i have been recently obsessed with.

now, onto business
i have recently retired my ancient olympus om-1 :( and am going to get a dslr. the om-1 was like a tank, never had an issue, so i am a little partial to olympus's. i pretty much have my heart set on the e510. all the features and specs are very compelling (i have read gordons review a million times :oops: ).

i will mostly be doing landscape and dabble in some macro photos, with some portrait/family (i recently became a dad).

the thing i am concerned about is the debate over the four thirds system. i have heard some good things, but some of the articles i have read about the system state it is a disadvantage because its not as versatile or adaptable.

from my understanding, the four thirds system is developed by olympus and it allows complete digital lenses etc. i have searched this forum for a definitive pros/cons of the four thirds system, but to no avail.

if someone has the time, could they explain the system a little more in depth ( i have been to four-thirds.org, but its a little biased).

if not the e-510 then i am leaning towards the d60 which my father just bought, so i will have a chance to play around with that this easter weekend :)

anyways, sorry for the long winded post, but this is an important decision that needs to be made! thanks again all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:50 am 

Hi supervillain,

May I offer you a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forums.

Don't worry, as it's not a big deal, but I've locked this thread and would ask that any forum members wishing to reply should do so at the duplicate thread oly e510 four thirds system pros/cons *HELP* in the Buying a new camera... forum. That forum is the appropriate one as there is a potential choice between Olympus and Nikon to be made.

The reason we discourage multiple posting is that it wastes forum member's time. It's not much fun to spend time answering a question only to find another member has already offered the same answer in the duplicate thread. It is also a better resource for members looking for an answer to the same question in the future if such answers are concentrated in one thread.

As you say, it is a big decision so good luck.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]