Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:49 am 
Has anyone had any experince with the Panoramic mode on the 510?

I just ordered a Type H card (Olympus tech told me the slower Type H card is fast enough for this application) and was curious the results of others trying it.

I was very surprised to learn:

1) That Olympus branded cards have a proprietary file structure that allows only there card to operate in the Panorama mode.

2) Using an outboard card reader can in most cases render the card useless if utilzed.

3) That you just can't utilize the CF card for Panoramic shots.

4) If you plan on using the Olympus Studio 2 Software, that the XD card must be used for certain features to work.

Looking forward to any info you can provide on the panoramic function. [/b]

Post subject: Panorama
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:24 am 
Marc

Good information, I have not tried panorama, I do have a couple of Oly Xd cards but not the one you mention. I certainly did not know that about using a third party card reader, I have one at home and the office. I will be interested in what others say. I ordered by 510 + 2 lenses + 14-54 yesterday.