Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:51 pm 
Hi all

I'd like to buy good and not to pricey camera for beginning. I've used some Sony, Nikon cheap cameras and now I'd like to make good photos of miniatures (like toy soldiers/cars). Now E-450 Kit (any version I've seen) are cheaper than Canon G series (and many others).
So is E 450 Kit good as starter set? Is lack of image stabilisation really critical for casual use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 pm 
Is this the e-450 with 2 kit lenses? Depending on the price you may be getting a good deal for them. I think image stabilization can be helpful in situations where you don't have a tripod. You may also want to look at the e-600, which has image stabilization in a body similar to that of an e-450.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:17 am 

I agree with idavis. The E600 & E620 are really cheap now and have more features in a similarly-sized body. The kit lenses aren't the best for macro though, so make sure they fit your needs first.

You may find that an advanced P&S like the Canon G series could be better for you.

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm