Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:53 am 
Good day, I am using an OM lens with AF-confirm adapter and a Metz AF48-1 . I think alot of my shots are overexposed. It seems that TTL with the flash is not working, Can anyone help me...Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 am 
Hmm, could be because the flash does not know the aperture your lens is set for... let me play around a little and see what I find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:38 am 
Thanks Atomic for your prompt reply...when i change aperture in the lens, i also change the aperture in the camera, after testing many shots, i arrived setting the iso to 100 and the shot seems to be ok. I dont know if this work around is correct or there is a better way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 am 
oh oops, I discovered your problem and then forgot to come back and tell you how to fix it because I got carried away playing around with my camera, ol

The reason you're overexposed is because the flash has a minimum brightness; Im guessing you're trying to use a very quick aperture like 1.8 or 1.4. Even at the minimum flash output power, you're getting overexposure because the huge aperture is letting in a lot of light.

At least thats my theory so far. I've yet to try and recreate the problem with my Sigma 30 1.4 which theoretically should also get overexposed with high ISO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 am 
Is this means that in quick aperture, it is better to use lower iso setting with external flash...i see that if i let my camera use ato iso, the shots are overexposed.
Then after checking my shots which the camera which by auto it sets to iso 200. Then I manually set the iso to 100, the shots are ok