First off, thank you so much for this site and for the contributions that are made to enable a novice to learn so much about cameras/photography. I am in the market for my first DSLR and have been researching for days. Have learned a great deal, but it seems the more I read, the more options I find....I have to narrow down! I think I am settled (at least for today
) on one of these four cameras- the E520, the E620, the Sony A230 or if I go with an advanced P & S the Canon G11. I was hoping I could hear from you experts about what you think would be best for me. Here are my requirements:
1. cost- $500 (no higher than 600) budget range
2. Will be using for family photos, cross country/track meets, vacation type photos- love crisp/beautiful colors. Scrapbooking/framing for home
3. want portability...doesn't have to be in a shirt pocket, but don't want bulk either.
4. I wear bifocal glasses for reading (you know- the middle aged, on/off kind
). I hate using the LCD viewfinder on my daughter's compact Nikon S52. Can't see anything in daylight! A viewfinder I think would really help.
5. I don't care about frills- video recording, art rendering, etc. Just want a great camera I can afford that is easy to use and takes super pictures.
It seems that the E620 is a bit out of my price range...I think it would be great as far as size goes, but at $599 for body only
Sam's Club has the E520 with two lenses for $500- The G11 has the option of everything inside.....OK I have blabbered on enough, can you share your expertise? Thanks so much and have a nice day!